Windows 10: View Poll Results: Can you print from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Can you print from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Amongst other problems I found that printing anything from the new Edge browser is almost... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eric151, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Eric151 Win User

View Poll Results: Can you print from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10?

I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Amongst other problems I found that printing anything from the new Edge browser is almost impossible.
    When printing to my regular HP printer, spooling takes around 2 hours *cry. I thought the spooler was stuck and restarted it to clear the stuck print job, but then once I forgot to do this and suddenly the printer started to print a couple of hours later. I experimented with this and it does the same every time.
    I have the latest driver for my HP printer and it works fine when printing from other browsers so the problem is definitely with Edge. I have gone through every hint I could find on the web but nothing seems to help, but I did see that a lot of other people have the same problem.
    Microsoft print to PDF has the same problem.
    Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Eric151, Feb 22, 2016
  2. DavidLenk Win User

Microsoft Edge PDF problems

Microsoft Edge keeps associating with PDF files, no articles related to resolving it work and to make it a insult to the injury microsoft edge is about the worst application in existence at viewing pdf files so why are the ignorant programmers that make
    this **** continuing to reset he association remotely without my permission?

The EDGE browser can not print pdf files correctly they always are printed 100% wrong with overlapping half cutt off text and pictures QR codes and bar codes are printed corrupt and often dont even work when printed from EDGE..

learn to write a program and TEST TEST TEST it even printing before you hijack my associations like terrorists.

this is stupid and your making me and my clients regret upgrading to free windows 10.....

DavidLenk, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Printing problems

Hi,

Thank You for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You can print from Microsoft Edge.

In order to print from Microsoft Edge, you need to click on three dots and select the section which says print.

You can also check this link below for more information;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Thank you.

Uttam Yadav, Feb 22, 2016
  4. View Poll Results: Can you print from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10?

Mine prints ok all the time I Have an HP Envy Printer
    How I do it also with Edge is
    Click the 3 dots top right hand corner.
    When it opens
    Scroll to Print
    Click and it will bring up your printer
    Then once what you want printed shows
    Click Print on Printer and it will print whatever you want it to

Hope that helps

hTconeM9user, Feb 22, 2016
  5. Eric151 Win User
    *Sad*Sad That's what I also try to do, but as I said, it gets stuck in the spooler and prints a couple of hours later.

Eric151, Feb 22, 2016
  6. When you upgraded to windows 10 did you put the disc in that came with the printer
    Some members have had to uninstall all their printer apps
    Restart and insert the disc then when advised reconnect their printer.
    That will put in the drivers for the spooler as well as for the printer.
    Also they do have a forum for members having this trouble
    Try this link
    Restarting the Print Spooler to Fix Common HP Printing Problems

Have you run the HP Trouble Shooter
    Find out how to do so in these links
    hp print spooler problems - Bing

7. I cannot print either. Convinced it is related to the drivers for my HP printer ..... The drivers are forever being updated for WIN 10.

Geoff Daniell, Feb 22, 2016
  8. View Poll Results: Can you print from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10?

See if either of the links I have posted helps
    One link on page you go to is for an HP Forum

9. Eric151 Win User
    No, I didn't. I just did the free upgrade. However, the printer works fine with everything else, the only problem is with Edge so the problem can't be the printer.
    I may reinstall it to try that option but I have the feeling that the solution lies within Edge, otherwise the printer wouldn't work with other browsers. I did try all the troubleshooting options. The HP one said I have the correct driver installed.

Eric151, Feb 22, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    This may not be the solution, but if you think it is Edge the culprit, would you care to do a Repair Install ?
    Repair Install will let you keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If you have questions following the tutorial, please post back.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  11. snoopy51 Win User
    I've been using Windows 10/Edge since July 29, 2015 and done about 60+ Windows 10 upgrade. We hardly encountered printing problem in your description.
    I have two HP printers at a home setting, OfficeJet 8500 and Color LaserJet CP2025 and printing without any problem. In particular, I printed many articles from Reading View to eliminate the undesirable ads.
    One thing I stay away is Web Enhanced printing software! The fact it printed but took hours indicating there are interference.
    Since we don't know what model of printer or your applications, please check your printer installation or re-install the printer software.

snoopy51, Feb 22, 2016
  12. Same here no problem at all even when upgraded from windows 8.1
    Had to just update drivers and been working ok ever since

13. davidhk Win User

Eric151,

Give Microsoft Community forum a shot......................
    It says Internet Explorer, but All questions there are about Edge

Note : naturally you will have to register as member, then click the Participate button > click Ask a question.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/s...Scope=#/ie///1

I gave you this link with the assumption Edge is the culprit.
    Mind you, it might not be the case afterall.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Can you print from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  4. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  5. View Poll Results: can u activate windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: can u activate windows 10?: did anyone get this Error code: 0xC004F034 after upgrade to windows 10? [img] 9399
  6. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9: Thought it would be interesting to see how many know whether they will upgrading to the final version of Windows 9 when it's released Then perhaps have a similar post at the end of the year after the beta has been used to see if people have changed there mind *looked...
  7. View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?: Will you stay with 10? Or will/have you reverted to Windows 7/8? 19701
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?: When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using the restart 3 time to trigger...
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602