Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've attached a poll to this thread and its the title says really in that I'm wondering how widespread this issue is. You go to the top right and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ?

I've attached a poll to this thread and its the title says really in that I'm wondering how widespread this issue is.

You go to the top right and click the red 'Close' button, Edge responds by bringing up the expected 'Do you want to close all tabs' window, you click 'Close all' and......... nothing happens.

You then have to either use task manager to close Edge or close each tab individually.

Have you experienced this ?

:)

Mooly, Aug 25, 2016

2. POLL: how often do you need to charge your X3-02

this would be an individual case for everybody so a poll would give you a percise answer factors included talk time ,data connection ,Bluetooth been on or off ,music player use having a constant 3g connection etc also your network .so its best to monitor
    this yourself

techbuzzireland, Aug 25, 2016
  3. POLL: how often do you need to charge your X3-02

I know this depends a lot on your usage, but just to get some feedback from other owners I thought would be good to compare.

Me...... Every Day.

andyextreme---01, Aug 25, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

Thanks Cliff.

I thought I'd run the poll to get an idea how common this issue was. I've just posted on the MS developer site, which was prompted by MS seemingly brushing somebody off who was reporting similar. Coincidently Edge failed to close while on the MS site and so I grabbed a camera and filmed it *Smile

If anyone wants to add a 'me too' or a comment then that would be great.

Edge failing to respond to command. Video attached. - Microsoft Edge Development

Mooly, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I commented on both threads telling the Edge Dev team, what they should already know:

Cliff S, Aug 25, 2016
  6. Mooly Win User
    That's great, thanks Cliff *Thumbs

Mooly, Aug 25, 2016
  7. VBJP Win User
    Reproduced it first time I tried (use chrome as default browser on this pc). Windows 10 AU with all updates.

I have noticed that its not necessary to use Task manger closing tabs one by one closes edge when final tab is closed, but close all seems to be broken.

Did some testing on VM fresh windows 10 AU with updates problem doesn't occur every time its more like 20%.

After more testing it seems that closing tabs one by one behaves strange too sometimes closing one tab closes all other tabs, sometimes closing tab leaves phantom tab with search field.

8. Mystere Win User

As I've said in another thread. Pretty much anyone that uses Edge regularly and closes the browser regularly (funny, but I don't find myself closing the browser very often) will see this problem.

It seems to be related to javascript errors on some pages. So, if you visit the same sites that have errors (they don't always display themselves, you have to open the F-12 tools and look at the console to see them), then you will have the problem more frequently.

It's definitely a bug

Mystere, Aug 25, 2016
  9. Mooly Win User
    I've actually had the issue occur with just two tabs of 'TenForums' open. Definitely a bug that needs sorting, and sorting fast.

Mooly, Aug 25, 2016
  10. fireberd Win User
    Has happened to me many times. I've had it happen since before Win 10 went "live" last year. The Edge in the preview versions did/do the same thing.

fireberd, Aug 25, 2016
  11. Mooly Win User
    I was going to ask whether anyone had noticed that this seems to have stopped happening. I then went and checked the status on the reported problem and guess what *Smile FIXED. Yay. Well done Microsoft.

View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ? [​IMG]

Mooly, Sep 8, 2016
  12. apart from page freezes, i dont think edge had a problem not closing on command.

Pathfinder, Sep 9, 2016
  13. View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ?

No never had this happen at all always close's on command

hTconeM9user, Sep 9, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I can't say that this has ever occurred to me.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Do YOU find that Edge often refuses to close on command ? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?: After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice. https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/ According to ZDNet’s article, a new clause within Intel’s software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing...
  4. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  5. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??: SO how many of you are trying to use Edge as your primary browser?? In the beginning I didn't and I just used it for this site but with the AU I started to use it as my primary and I only use FF for Sirius/XM online streaming so I can easily use a sleep timer bat file to shut...
  6. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  7. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  8. View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?: I am curious as to how many of you install third party drivers such as motherboard, graphics card and others or just leave that up to Windows. 58399
  9. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602