Windows 10: View Poll Results: do you have the same set-up of profiles from GPO and same issue

Discus and support View Poll Results: do you have the same set-up of profiles from GPO and same issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Lastpass fails to retain login with EDGE only on office computers where a profile is auto logged in using Active directory via GPO LastPass for edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Aftar, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Aftar Win User

View Poll Results: do you have the same set-up of profiles from GPO and same issue

Lastpass fails to retain login with EDGE only on office computers where a profile is auto logged in using Active directory via GPO
    LastPass for edge extension works fine on my home computer where I do not have profiles to log in the new edge.

However, LastPass keeps logging out on my work computer every time the browser is closed and I have to keep re-entering the password unlike on the Chrome Legacy app- Cookie settings are fine from where you can control them

The only difference is the Edge at work has been configured to load a profile from AD upon opening and I can only assume when it does that the cookies may be getting cleared in the background with no control over them

Nothing to do with LastPass settings as the same settings work fine on my home computer and in the same version of Edge on there and the cookie settings are the same

There are no GPO's that auto-clear any cookies as I implemented the GPO's myself

Anyone have the same issue and set-up

:)

Aftar, Jan 20, 2021
  2. jflanagan Win User

GPOs linked to user OUs not appearing in Results Wizard

Hello, I'm noticing an issue in my domain where GPOs linked to user OUs are not being applied and not even appearing in the Group Policy Results Wizard report (neither under Applied GPO's nor Denied GPO's, like they don't exist at all).

A few clues:

• I did recently release June Windows updates including MS16-072. However, I was aware of the security processing change and all the related GPO's already had "Authenticated Users" with Read and Apply permission. I added "Domain Computers" to one GPO as a
      test but no luck.
    • So far, issue is appearing on Windows 10 computers only. Computers are correctly processing GPO's linked to the computer's OU/hierarchy. A GPO containing loopback-processed user settings does appear under the user settings in the Results wizard, but that
      GPO is linked to a "computers" OU.
    • If I link a "user" GPO to a "computers" OU, it appears in the Results Wizard under user settings. However, this is a drastic change in behavior and will interfere with desired outcomes such as a user having drives mapped to their department's files regardless
      of which computer they use.

Please advise, do I need to adjust some setting in Windows 10 to restore processing of GPO's linked to user OU's?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

jflanagan, Jan 20, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 20, 2021
  4. View Poll Results: do you have the same set-up of profiles from GPO and same issue

Grey stripes issue

I had the same issue and the following method was the only cure so far:

Black Panther, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

View Poll Results: do you have the same set-up of profiles from GPO and same issue

1. View Poll Results: do you have the same set-up of profiles from GPO and same issue - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?: After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice. https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/ According to ZDNet’s article, a new clause within Intel’s software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing...
  4. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  5. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  6. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  7. View Poll Results: Do you have problems with Windows 10's networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View Poll Results: Do you have problems with Windows 10's networking: Any ideas? Just take a quick look around online and you'll find huge numbers of people suffering with Windows 10 installs that absolutely refuse to stay properly connected to WiFi, constantly dropping to "limited", and nearly as many also having the same problem with wired...
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: Have you ever had a tech support issue like this?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Have you ever had a tech support issue like this?: I can not find an emoticon to share my frustration right now. I recently called avast! Customer Support, and after the call, my computer has been rendered useless. The support guy was very controlling, and the support software was faulty! After we had hung up the call, about...