Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everybody, please allow me a "stupid" question: When you run Windows updates manually (e.g. in the course of a new installation), do you restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mfessler, Jan 21, 2021.

1. mfessler Win User

View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed?

Hello everybody,

please allow me a "stupid" question:
    When you run Windows updates manually (e.g. in the course of a new installation), do you restart after each "reboot required" or do you let windows download all updates first, install them and then restart once?

Attached are two screenshots to clarify my question.
    From a technical point of view IMHO it makes more sense to restart every time, but on the other hand it is very time consuming and tricky to wait for a restart and Windows itself starts in the course of a patch day where several large updates are installed one after the other, even just once - right?

Thanks and greetings,
    Martin

View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed? [​IMG]

:)

mfessler, Jan 21, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 21, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

I want to follow the suggestion. But It is that before making a decision or action I usually analyze it or ask a little more, as long as it is something new for me
    :/

Before Reset the Windows Update should I take into account the results of the Windows Update Troubleshooter ? The WUT of Windows itself does not correct the problem it finds. But the other WUT shows me (after the second attempt) as "corrected" and "completed".

View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed? [​IMG]

What I do not understand is why the WUT tells me that one of the steps is to remove the updates and re-download them (red rectangle). But when I give in "apply this correction" does not eleminate the update(Should?)

Already in the final step in the report it tells me: that it is "corrected" in the first line. In the second it indicates "completed" and the text there says that one of the steps is to remove and re-download the update (is it supposed that WUT already did it or should I do it?)
    And what is that appears in the green box. Should I download it, remove it?

Sorry if maybe I have not explained well before. I think it would be much easier if the OS language were in English because translating the texts of the images is a lot.

3Colors, Jan 21, 2021
  4. View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed?

Multiple Updates Requiring Restart, never registering as being installed

This did not work. After performing all the steps in the first linking, rebooting, and running windows update again, I still have the same issue. In fact, it's worse now. KB4054517 is listed as requiring a restart,
    and KB4056892 is listed as Failed to Install.

I am not reset and reinstall Windows 10. That's pretty extreme, and I don't have time to waste on something like that.

Mark W Chase, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed?

1. View Poll Results: Do you reboot between updates when "Restart required" is displayed? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?: After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice. https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/ According to ZDNet’s article, a new clause within Intel’s software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing...
  4. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  5. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  6. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  7. View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?: I am curious as to how many of you install third party drivers such as motherboard, graphics card and others or just leave that up to Windows. 58399
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...