Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I bet in time when chrome extension developers get around to it they'll port them over to Edge. MS has provided tools to simplify the process. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I bet in time when chrome extension developers get around to it they'll port them over to Edge. MS has provided tools to simplify the process.

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  2. Cliff S New Member

Link only works in Edge, and opens up the Store app: Edge Extension Toolkit

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Holmes Win User
    Edge and Chrome are notorious for hogging up RAM. That's why I use Firefox and even IE instead.

Holmes, Aug 20, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Right now with 10 tabs in use Edge is only using around 27 MB of RAM.

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  5. Wish mine only used that amount
    With 1 tab, only showing my top sites i have this

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? [​IMG]

paulsalter, Aug 20, 2016
  6. I switch between Edge and FF, mainly because of Roboform. I can have the Roboform toolbar in FF, tried it in Chrome but could only have the Icon showing in the right corner which took extra clicks to get to my log ins.

The other problem I had, although that seems to be getting better in FF, there are a couple of games I play in Facebook, Bubble Witch Saga, Candy Crush Soda etc. trying to play them in FF or Chrome was nigh on impossible, clicking on a box and the lag was terrible it was all so slow and jerky but they all ran smooth and fast in Edge.

If they get the ability to have my Roboform toolbar extension I'd probably stick with Edge. Oh and another thing, I'm usually a decent speller and when in forums via Edge if I do spell something wrong it will highlight it and a right click gives me the choice to pick the correct word. When doing the same in FF even though I have it ticked to check the spelling as I type it doesn't and words I know are wrong don't give the chance to change them or does it tell me they are wrong so if I'm in doubt I have to copy the word and paste it into Wordweb to find the correct spelling. *Confused

Joan Archer, Aug 20, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Here's a screen shot.. with 10 tabs open..

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  8. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

You have nothing for Edge further down, under background tasks?

paulsalter, Aug 20, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I do.. never mind. *Wink

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  10. lol, I was getting ready to try and do a reset of Edge, try and improve it *Smile

paulsalter, Aug 20, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I'll bet one of those background processes, is one of the new ones I find great.
    The notifications turned on in Edge settings. I can have Windows Ten Forums open and reduce Edge to the taskbar(not closed) and do something else on my PC, and I'll get a toast pop-up when someone post on one of my subscribed threads.

Cliff S, Aug 20, 2016
  12. Winuser Win User
    I only use Edge for testing when I'm running my Insider Build. Pale Moon is still my main browser.

Winuser, Aug 20, 2016
  13. Holmes Win User

LOL. Right now it's occupying almost 500MB with only 2 tabs (Yahoo Mail and this site).

Holmes, Aug 20, 2016
  14. DavidY Win User
    The Edge Back button is inadequate for me.

Some websites go forward 2 pages after one click. (Click link on page 1 and it loads page 2 which immediately loads page 3.).
    If I'm on page 3, a simple Back button doesn't work because going back to page 2 immediately bounces me to page 3 again.

I need the ability to go back several pages at once- like in FF, IE, and I presume Chrome by holding down the Back button and seeing the sequence history.

Unless Edge offers this (and I admit I've not looked hard at the AU version yet), it can't be my main browser.

DavidY, Aug 20, 2016
  15. AndreTen Win User
    Right click on back arrow...

AndreTen, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  3. View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?: Hello all, I want to know which browsers are used by people here. I am much interested in knowing it. I am using the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 Opera Spark Browser Torch Browser 1923
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?: Hi guys! After the upgrade to Windows 10 (i upgraded to the Insider Preview) some time ago, i found the browser, we known as project spartan. Today, it's called Microsoft Edge. Since the beginning, i had a problem with the browser that made it very frustrating to use. When I...
  6. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  7. View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?: Following Brink's software update posts. *SmileLatest Multi Commander Version Released *Smile 55920
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...