Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Three things I most desire in a browser are the ability to save Web pages (preferably as MHTs), the ability to send pages (not just links!) by e-mail,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016.

1. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

Aside from not figuring out the bookmark new folder creation and storage in Edge outside of imported bookmark folders after all this time ,
    I just tried to right click save a web page from Edge now and it wouldn't do it but it will save an image well and copy paste works now ,it seems to load much faster lately and it reads .pdf but that new speed may just be this new PC that does everything much faster then the old one .Chrome is the default hre and firefox a strong and good alternate here that would be a good default browser as well.

Edge is *still* frequently unstable and not reliable enough for me although it can load a page very fast when it's behaving but probably not any faster than chrome or F.F. ,The UI is simple and clean but not intuitive IMO .

Edge plays Netflix 1080p where the others wont it's a DRM compliance thing but I get up to 4K HDR Netflix and 4K You Tube all that in my 4K TV in here anyway .

Edge plays some videos the other browsers wont play or buffer to much before they load or play well there are videos it plays better nothing is perfect so I have all 3 of these browsers and Chrome default .

electronuser, Aug 29, 2016

2. I prefer Chrome. I have it on my iPad, Galaxy phone, MacBook Pro, 2 Win 10 Desktops, Nexus 7. The ability to sync all bookmarks, history, passwords...etc. on all computers/devices is a must. Firefox can do the same but does not have all of the extensions I need.

kcmichaelb, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Using Edge almost exclusively and have been for awhile. F.F. is my secondary and I'll use Avant or Iron browsers as the mood hits. I'd say ......... 95% Edge usage overall.

indianacarnie, Aug 29, 2016
  4. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

If Edge had the toolbar at top of page the same as IE it would be easy to use being down the right hand side is a pain in the bum

lawnmower60, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbsand pinning it takes up waaaaay toooo much real estate.

Cliff S, Aug 29, 2016
  6. Newmaven Win User
    I had not noticed the toolbar Lawnmower 60 mentioned, and tried to open it and check that out. But I had already unpinned Edge from my taskbar, and now it seems to have disappeared from my system--maybe I'd hurt its feelings? Anyway, I'd like to give it another look--where should I look for it, and under what name?

Newmaven, Aug 29, 2016
  7. It should be under M for Microsoft Edge on the Start Menu

paulsalter, Aug 29, 2016
  8. Newmaven Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

Thanks. I found and opened it, but see no sign of anything menu-like on the right side.

Also found that it won't open from the Start\Run command, and can put an icon on the taskbar, but not on the desktop.

First modern browser that makes me miss Netscape.

Newmaven, Aug 29, 2016
  9. Using it, but getting tired of all the sites that stop responding and need to recover in this latest build of Edge.
    If they don't sort it in the next update, I'll move to something else

shakennstirred, Aug 29, 2016
  10. The closest you get to a menu is the threes dashes at the right

If you want to run it from the Run command, type in microsoft-edge: and it should run fine

paulsalter, Aug 29, 2016
  11. batlhilz Win User
    Edge as priority after they got the adblock for it. however, when i burn my nerves with the missing right-click-mouse-and-no-back-button i go crazy and go back for chrome

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  12. shimshom Win User
    Cyberfox all the way and after trying Edge once I find it needs a few more versions to become a main browser

shimshom, Aug 31, 2016
  13. yu gnomi Win User

I have Edge set as my default browser for Windows because it opens pretty quick. Also, MS sometimes wants you to use their browsers to view their web pages. When I choose to surf the web, Chrome is my 1st choice. If Chrome isn't working, like now (detailed here), I use Pale Moon.

If more extensions become available for Edge, I will probably use it more.

yu gnomi, Aug 31, 2016
  14. Tonyb Win User
    I have to admit i have used a few times but chrome is my number one buddy , i have it on my tablets my phone and it keeps track of everything for me, but i like the speed and simplicity of Edge i would switch if they would get my norton toolbar and a few other extensions.

Tonyb, Sep 2, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I hope that within a year there will be more extensions ported from the Chrome platform over to Edge. But as usual, time will tell.

BunnyJ, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  3. View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?: Hello all, I want to know which browsers are used by people here. I am much interested in knowing it. I am using the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 Opera Spark Browser Torch Browser 1923
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?: Hi guys! After the upgrade to Windows 10 (i upgraded to the Insider Preview) some time ago, i found the browser, we known as project spartan. Today, it's called Microsoft Edge. Since the beginning, i had a problem with the browser that made it very frustrating to use. When I...
  6. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  7. View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?: Following Brink's software update posts. *SmileLatest Multi Commander Version Released *Smile 55920
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...