Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I hope that within a year there will be more extensions ported from the Chrome platform over to Edge. But as usual, time will tell. The only problem... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

The only problem with extensions in Edge I have noticed, is, more than two, slows it waaaaay down*Sad
    So I decided on my 2 most important, and now I'm happy enough.
    I have never used only one browser.
    I have one for each browsing "task".

Cliff S, Sep 2, 2016
  2. BunnyJ New Member

I only use one extension on my browsers and it's the one we can't discuss. Generally speaking I keep all of my PC stock and I don't go around fiddling with it so I guess that's why I don't have any issues and my PC is rock stable as well.

And I use two browsers but when I get one thing figured out for my sleep timer bat program I think I can drop FF and just use Edge. Now that would be nice I think. Not having to use a third party browser.

BunnyJ, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Cliff S New Member
    I had to choose between the Translate add-on(which uses the most resourses) and the Office one(which I don't really need as I have Office365 and can quickly go to the bookmarked online Office too).
    I decided to keep the translate*Smile

Cliff S, Sep 2, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

That makes sense. Oh and I think I found out what I need to use only Edge. I'll try it out today and I'll let ya know how my testing went.

Fingers crossed!! *Biggrin

BunnyJ, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Ok
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 2, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    The back story on this is I love to use my PC for a radio and I have streaming Sirius and when I go to sleep I set up a sleep timer to shut my FF browser down after 90 minutes. What I want to do is run Sirius on Edge so I only need one browser.

BunnyJ, Sep 2, 2016
  7. altae Win User
    I use Firefox and Vivaldi. Edge is no alternative for me.

altae, Sep 2, 2016
  8. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

Right Edge opens to ready state in 1 sec here without any bookmarks and favorites ,thus far Edge in 14915 refuses to import any of those from Chrome along with the other longstanding Edge instability and lack of normal and reliable browser features you would expect coming from a much better browser like Chrome of Fire Fox vs 2 seconds for Chrome to ready state on this new PC in my specs . IOW I'm willing to accept the 1 sec. compromise *really

Keeping in mind With Chrome I have who knows well over a thousand favorites/bookmarks and counting that been following me around me around for a decade and my 4K HDR Sony Google Andoid TV and my Roku and who knows what else synced to Chrome with tons of You Tube playlists and the Google store for the TV and in general and Google services all in my browser profile and nothing in the MS Edge browser .

I haven't rolled Firefox into this test mule-driver yet on this clean 14915 install on it's own SSD apart from the OEM metal with AU I rolled in on it. . .

I expect Firefox will be fine in all respects like always ,it never opened or worked slow in the 6 yr old old PC this one in my spec replaced since I rolled 8 GB of ram and a 6 core AMD CPU in it that all can't touch this Haswell Core i5 OEM box but it wasn't bad at all even by today's standards for a daily driver until it fried the mainboard 2 weeks ago to the day *really

electronuser, Sep 3, 2016
  9. duplicate deleted by Poster

10. You mean the Web kit underpinnings of Chrome ,Fire Fox latest ver. and Safari ,.....that Netscape right ?

Nobody liked IE Explorer unless they were newbies or on AOL web portal jail and stuck with it when they had it instead of Netscape ☺*really☺

11. ........if it all eventually works for you ......I'm for ya boss or anybody else on Edge and ain't preaching outside of my anecdotal personal experience ,I'm just talking here ☺*really☺

12. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't get the point of this post. Really.. what's the point you're trying to make??

BunnyJ, Sep 3, 2016
  13. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

what .bat file ? ........... I get Sirius or something like that on D*TV I can also get on a web browser and I can put on the TV or PC and 5.1 or not (maybe on a software wake timer in my PC ? ) or for sure on the Sony Andoid TV & just have the TV do all that without Windows PC overhead which is maybe way extreme for simple a DBS radio anyway but I wake up with the crows and turn on the business cable channels to get the opening and overnight trades and the markets and don't need all that.

I have a Shciit audio stack in here for the phones for critical and casual listening at audiophile/studio quality or the music game room with the THX PM3 certified tunes HDWE and speakers in there... music should be played on a decent playback chain from a decent lossless source and only from Tidal HiFI in a chrome web broser if you use a browser not mpeg compressed DBS radio IMO........ 0fc YMMV . *Smile

OTOH I wasn't aware ya all were having a private (.bat file ) dialog here .....sorry for the interruption *really

14. BunnyJ New Member
    No problem...

BunnyJ, Sep 3, 2016
  15. Clever website in your sig. Windows stuff is cool , but all that other programming /coding stuff is way above my PC pay grade I just like to think I'm an expert enthusiast or just been doing all this too long since DOS and Win. 3.0 and too cheap to pay anybody for PC doctoring ,upgrading or building before I got lazy in my dotage buying ready made HP CTO boxes and maybe doing simple upgrades and fooling around with these winbetas *Smile

Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser?? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  3. View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?: Hello all, I want to know which browsers are used by people here. I am much interested in knowing it. I am using the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 Opera Spark Browser Torch Browser 1923
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?: Hi guys! After the upgrade to Windows 10 (i upgraded to the Insider Preview) some time ago, i found the browser, we known as project spartan. Today, it's called Microsoft Edge. Since the beginning, i had a problem with the browser that made it very frustrating to use. When I...
  6. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  7. View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?: Following Brink's software update posts. *SmileLatest Multi Commander Version Released *Smile 55920
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...