Windows 10: View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10??

Discus and support View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Did you delete the gmail account before or after you changed the email address on you MS account? If you deleted the gmail account first, maybe MS sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BunnyJ, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Winuser Win User

View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10??

Did you delete the gmail account before or after you changed the email address on you MS account? If you deleted the gmail account first, maybe MS sent a code to your gmail account to verify the address change.

Winuser, Dec 21, 2014

2. Yea I did delete the email account before I realized where my outlook.com's alternate email was being sent,
    Microsoft support has said twice they have changed it to Hotmail.com address but as the image shows it does not reflect any changes,
    I believe I'm on my third 30 day hold it could be more I've lost track
    Everytime the hold is over and I attempt to update it it shows the same send code to email address "for confirmation" then spins me back to a 30 day hold *Biggrin
    I guess I have to just abandon the account :/

ThrashZone, Dec 21, 2014
  3. Tony K Win User
    Please bear with me for I get codes via text, so I never used this confirmation email popup box. Doubt it, but is the email domain box (@Gmail.com) able to be edited to the Hotmail domain?

Tony K, Dec 21, 2014
  4. View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10??

No I wish it was that easy,
    Can't un-tick the box,
    Using the another method does nothing either it just loops back to the same window
    It's a really good thing I don't need the account If I did I would be hosed :/

ThrashZone, Dec 21, 2014
  5. I didn't vote because I didn't and won't install the tech preview.

But I'm going to build a new PC in a year or so and would rather not put an aging OS (Win 7) on it, in spite of how well it performs.

So, I'll buy the retail version when released unless:

1: The price is grossly out of hand

2: MS decides to use some sort of cuckoo license/installation/update model, such as a subscription. I want a traditional DVD or possibly an ISO download that I don't have to jump through hoops to get. I don't want to "sign up" or establish an "account" for anything.

3: Some as yet unknown issue arises with the interface that can't be fixed or easily worked around

I don't buy OEM machines so I won't be forced into Win 10 unless it fits in with the above.

ignatzatsonic, Dec 22, 2014
  6. Windows 7 may be old, but at least it's stable & does all that I want unless Windows 10 dramatically improves itself & it's released at a reasonable price!

WightWalker, Dec 22, 2014
  7. CountMike New Member
    Windows 7 may be old, but at least it's stable & does all that I want unless Windows 10 dramatically improves itself & it's released at a reasonable price! You might have to, for a lot of new stuff, specially new laptops, drivers are already scarce.

CountMike, Dec 22, 2014
  8. View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10??

Windows 7 may be old, but at least it's stable & does all that I want unless Windows 10 dramatically improves itself & it's released at a reasonable price! You might have to, for a lot of new stuff, specially new laptops, drivers are already scarce. I've noticed that too. If a particular model never shipped from the factory with Windows 7, they don't offer Windows 7 drivers for it in the downloads. You have to look for a earlier similar model with similar hardware and hope you get lucky.

alphanumeric, Dec 23, 2014
  9. Wynona Win User
    I hope you're being facetious . . . I wasn't aware that Ballmer supported Sinofsky's version of Windows, but it figures.

Wynona, Dec 23, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    I'm as serious as a heart attack, Wyn. I liked Sinofsky's 7 and 8. Actually 8.1. I think 8.1 beats 7 hands down. It has a flow to it like no other.

I'm assuming Ballmer supported Sinofsky, for after all he was boss. Ballmer has to answer to the board and the board must have approved. The mistake they made was pushing 8 out the door without option to boot to the desktop. Tried to correct it with 8.1 > Too late > Vista effect. Now they have to backtrack with 10.

Tony K, Dec 23, 2014
  11. swarfega Win User
    I'll more than likely upgrade to 10 unless MS seriously screw up.

swarfega, Dec 24, 2014
  12. Wenda Win User
    So far, there isn't a lot ( well, anything really) in Win 10 that excites me. And I see they're removing even more eye-candy rather than re-instating the full Vista/7 Aero experience for those who want it (ME!).

I'm ambivalent about the Start menu, I used Classic Shell on WIn 8, but on 8.1/8.1.1 I haven't bothered. All Apps is the way to go (set to sort by Category). So I don't miss the Start menu any more, and probably won't use it.

I voted 'Waiting for the January build'.

Wenda, Dec 28, 2014
  13. Dave44 Win User

I certainly getting windows 10 cant wait to it released roll on January and the latest preview be released

Dave44, Dec 28, 2014
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10?? [​IMG]
    Warning This is the last warning. Let's keep this discussion friendly shall we.

Thread cleaned.

Brink, Dec 29, 2014
  15. As with any software, the initial release is somewhat buggy. We're not at the initial release though - we're only about 2/3 of the way through a preview release - what we're seeing is a work in progress and from an old developer's standpoint, Win10 looks very good.

MS is attentive to feedback and has provided nearly immediate fixes. Of course, they are trying to make Win10 stand out and meld the OS to all platforms - so while they fix stuff ... they break stuff. That's development!

I do not have a Windows phone or a surface, so my impressions are only from the Desktop point of view. It seems to me that MS is, as usual, playing Ketchup. To be fair, only Apple has a similar line up of devices (desktop, phone, tablet) - Android doesn't have a desktop that I know of (you could technically load Android on top of Linux or any other kernel for a desktop version)

Perhaps a better poll would use the adopter stages from Diffusion of Innovations by Everett Rogers
    Innovator, Early adopter, Early majority, Late majority, Laggards, Leap frogger(not shown)

View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10?? [​IMG]
    I'm usually in the late majority when it comes to OSes - the previous OS usually works well enough well into the release of the next OS. As the next OS is developed many of the 'must have' features are worked into the previous OS.

Look at how many XP machines there are (most would stay on XP if they weren't scared of the security issues ... however most would have moved to Vista if they knew how many security holes there were in XP (sp1 .. sp2 .. sp3) *Wink
    By testing Win10, I'd say were' all in the innovator stage - but the poll is about when Win10 is RTM.

I answered yes in the poll, but will probably only purchase a license if the Price is Right. Win8 works well and I see nothing but a correction in Win10. MS corrected the Desktop experience (even though, IMO, the hubbub was manufactured). I think it's great that many of the Win8 haters actually like Win10 - that bodes well for Redmond.

What's the price point? < $50, but I think the 465,000 very active participants deserve a reward for being unpaid testers. One license for free would be great, with additional licenses $15-$20 (??? max=5 ???) would really bolster early sales. Better to have a great marketing success story with less revenue than to have another Win8 story (marketing wise).

If the price point matches the above, I would get 6 copies (1 free and 5 for my adult children).

Bill

Slartybart, Dec 29, 2014
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Getting a copy of Win10?? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  4. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  5. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  6. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  7. View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?: Will you stay with 10? Or will/have you reverted to Windows 7/8? 19701
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Install / update choices

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Install / update choices: As far as when you'll update to Windows 10, what category do you belong? Early adopter (asap), Early majority (wait a while), or Late majority (wait for the first 'major' update) Will you sign-in with a MS account or a local account? Does your machine meet the...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...