Windows 10: View Poll Results: Should such a feature be built-into Windows 10?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Should such a feature be built-into Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks! Does Windows have an auto optimization feature built-in so that it is able to determine the PC specs and make changes in such a way so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nzyme, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Nzyme Win User

View Poll Results: Should such a feature be built-into Windows 10?

Hello folks! Does Windows have an auto optimization feature built-in so that it is able to determine the PC specs and make changes in such a way so that only the core necessary functionalities are enabled on a PC with low resources?

Windows has a 'Battery Saver' feature which when enabled turns off certain Windows features as seen here
    Similarly, it is has a 'Tablet Mode' that changes the appearance to be more user friendly on a tablet PC.

It would be so good to have a feature named 'Auto Optimization' which when enabled would automatically check and determine the overall specs of the PC and categorize it as Low, Mid or High (remember 'Windows Experience Index'?) and then make adjustments in such a way so as to ensure that the system runs smoothly. If the PC is categorized as Low, the feature would then make changes to unneeded background services/apps, Analytics/tracking, Visual effects, animations/performance, sync, enable battery saver, etc. to ensure that the OS and programs run smoothly.

There may be 3rd party programs that may do this already but it would be good that Windows has this feature built-in. What do you think? Is this something that MS should consider and work on? Would like to know your views.

:)

Nzyme, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Tony K Win User

View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

It looks as though the original bar graph carried over, but the member list is being renewed as people revote as a result of changing the forum software. Perhaps start all over?

Tony K, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Should such a feature be built-into Windows 10? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  5. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  6. View Poll Results: Which card should i use?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    View Poll Results: Which card should i use?: So, i'm needing to buy a low-end entry level video card. Should I get an R7 240, or a GT 730? I'm not looking to game, but I still need something pretty balanced between power and profile (And/or power consumption.) Thing is, the only reason I would have to use an R7 240 is...
  7. View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?: Will you stay with 10? Or will/have you reverted to Windows 7/8? 19701
  8. View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in Windows 10?: HI there. Is there any way so that I can change the desktop and the window that I was working on will be auto-focused? Please help.*Shock 25421
  9. View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?: When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using the restart 3 time to trigger...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...