Windows 10: View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by modc, Feb 17, 2021.

1. modc Win User

View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for your vm and are NOT auto-logging in)

These instructions may work with other configurations, but your mileage may vary. For completeness, I used Windows 10 Pro (20h2) as both host and vm for this. I am using a Logitech Brio USB 3.0 webcam as well as Zoom videoconferencing. I didn't want either active on the host. Keep in mind, your webcam will not be available to the host while it's connected to the vm.

Lastly, I took the time to do this write-up because there were several incomplete and incorrect tutorials on the internet (including hacking the registry, modifying many policies, using rdp instead of vmconnect, adding RemoteFX cards to the vm, and paying for USB over ethernet services). Even though the policy we'll edit is talking about RDP, rest assured we will be connecting with vmconnect (like normal).

The correct way (details below) is simple. It will take the average power user about ten minutes.

If you have tried many different things so far, and you don't have success with these instructions, consider a new scratch install if time allows and is practical to do so.

Lastly, I am posting this write-up here on TenForums because I have been helped by posts (and tutorials) here across the years and is my way of contributing something unique and valuable.

If this was helpful, consider contributing a thread of your own someday.

INSTRUCTIONS

Shutdown the VM (shutdown, not pause, not save).

On the host:

click the Start menu and type "group" - select "Edit group policy"

in the left pane of the editor, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Connection Client > RemoteFX USB Device Redirection.

ENABLE the "Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX USB devices from this compgter" policy.

REBOOT the host. Don't skip this "just to see if it will work," actually reboot the host.

Once the computer is restarted and you have logged in to the host, open the Hyper-V Manager and "Connect" to the Windows 10 VM you're working with.

If you don't see the connection window, use the "Edit Session Settings" from the right-pane of the Hyper-V Manager (have the proper VM selected) OR if that doesn't work, you can force it from an administrative Powershell command:
    Code:
    (put your vm's name in quotes if it contains a space)

Once the connection window appears, click "more options," then on the "Local Resources" tab, click "More." Expand "Other supported RemoteFX USB devices" and check the box next to your webcam. Click "OK" and then "Connect."

Here are some shots of how the connection window looks...

View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you? [​IMG]

Simply log in to your vm and configure Zoom or Teams or whatever app you will be using!

I hope this has been helpful!

:)

2. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Tony K Win User
    View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

It looks as though the original bar graph carried over, but the member list is being renewed as people revote as a result of changing the forum software. Perhaps start all over?

Tony K, Feb 17, 2021
  4. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

1. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  3. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  6. View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?: Now that my free 200 GB OneDrive offer is ending I have to decide between base, 50GB, Office 365 Home or alternative sync storage. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have desktop+laptop Windows computers. Same @live.com e-mail for all. Other local users for networking....
  7. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  8. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9: Thought it would be interesting to see how many know whether they will upgrading to the final version of Windows 9 when it's released Then perhaps have a similar post at the end of the year after the beta has been used to see if people have changed there mind *looked...
  9. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602