Windows 10: View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi All, Glad to know you haven't forgotten me. Busy with other things atm, so haven't been posting much. I think I was the first to enthuse about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Kari, Aug 24, 2016.

1. brummyfan Win User

View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?

Hi,
    Nice to hear from you after long time, you introduced many programs in VF, EF days, Thanks again *Smile

brummyfan, Aug 27, 2016

2. Have only started using Macrium Reflect Free.

TBH, I find the GUI rather daunting, intimidating and confusing.
    There's a bit of a learning curve, to be sure.

Windows Backup may not have bells/whistles, but at least the user interface is intelligible and manageable, even for simpletons like me.
    OTOH, it may not be all that reliable, either.
    I guess I just need to get up to speed with Macrium.

The best imaging software would balance reliability with user-friendliness.

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 27, 2016
  3. JohnC Win User
    I use Macrium Reflect free. I use it to make full backups, and use thumb drives and One drive for data backup.

JohnC, Aug 27, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

A reminder, winners will be drawn in TenForums Saturday Live Chat on Saturday the 3rd. TH Live Chat will also have live presentations of Macrium Reflect and Macrium viBoot:

That being said, let's see the situation at the moment:

Total of 47 posts from 37 members. Of those 8 posts from 4 members are ineligible (admins, mods, team, red highlight in screenshot), remains 39 posts from 33 members. Of those 33 members @Cliff S has at the moment the best chance to win, with his three posts the odds for him are 7.7% chance to win either of two licenses (green highlight), followed by SIW2, Layback Bear, Superfly and Brummyfan (yellow highlight) who all have 5.1% chance with two posts, all other participants having a 2.5% chance to win with one post:

View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use? [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

5. Superfly Win User
    Hmmm..OK Cliff, game on... here's my third... (in Poker it's called 'raising' or 'I see you' whatever, and all that, I think)

Anyway... have a Macrium bootable partition from which I do my backups - it runs from Grub (yup using Win PE)

Superfly, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Yesterday, I used Macrium to get rid of one of those extra recovery partitions, that sometimes pops up on the c: drive.
    I did a clean install of windows, reimaged only my C: partition, rebooted, waited for windows to do a quick boot repair(didn't know I would need it. But in hind sight, it makes sense, my Macrium boot option was missing, and CMOS was probably looking for it).

Can somebody help me on how to reconfigure boot loader in Windows 10? - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2016
  7. Mooly Win User
    The rules make no mention of post count being a deciding factor.

Mooly, Aug 27, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I didn't expect it either.

9. Superfly Win User
    Agreed it shouldn't... content is what counts... anyway since I had to log off windows to get this screenshot here goes...

Superfly, Aug 27, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    I use Macrium regularly. I have 2 reasons for posting here.

1. To protest the fact that I am not allowed to win. *Doh

2. In the case that post count in this thread matters, my posting here will reduce the odds that @Cliff S will be the winner. *Roflmao2

essenbe, Aug 27, 2016
  11. cbwilsha Win User
    Tried Acronis and had loads of trouble and wasted time. Been using Macrium several years and it has saved my rear several times as designed.

cbwilsha, Aug 27, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    That was my mistake, I have now added this to first post:

Anyway, that was the idea from the beginning, to draw two winning posts from all posts in this thread. The idea is not only to talk about pros and cons of various imaging applications, it is also to activate members to participate in dialogue.

My apologies for not being clear enough. At the moment of writing this you still have 5 days 14 hours and 40 minutes to post *Smile

13. simrick Win User

*Ditto

simrick, Aug 28, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    *Roflmao2

simrick, Aug 28, 2016
  15. swarfega Win User
    Nice competition. I use Uranium-Backup because it does exactly what I need. I've set it up to run a scheduled back up to my NAS on a regular basis.

It would be nice to have imaging software so I could save regular images. You have to pay a lot for the license to enable that on Uranium.

swarfega, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  3. View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?: Hello everyone, Many people are looking for a suitable antivirus software and I thought this thread might help them a bit. Note: Of course there is nothing called "THE BEST ANTIVIRUS" and it really varies based on kind of usage and many other factors. And this topic is just...
  4. View Poll Results: What non-Microsoft, free or paid, backup software is best?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: What non-Microsoft, free or paid, backup software is best?: Hi all, have a new workstation that needs safe backups. What is your most trusted, and favorite, non-Microsoft software? Thank you, Jim 128625
  5. View Poll Results: Are you using AVG Web Tuneup?

View Poll Results: Are you using AVG Web Tuneup?: This Antivirus Plugin Makes You LESS Secure AVG has been a trusted name in anti-malware and online security software for decades; over 200 million people have installed the free AVG Antivirus software. But in the last weeks of 2015, it was revealed that one of AVG’s...
  6. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  7. View Poll Results: Drive for software/programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Drive for software/programs: Just reading another thread and I just was wondering.. how many of you put your programs/software on a driver other than the traditional C?? Like the D or some other?? For me I always let the instillation default to the C for ease of instillation and my SSD is the C driver...
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.: Things are moving fast with W10 at the moment. If you were asked TODAY whether you would jump to W10 what would you say ? There is a Poll attached to this thread. READ CAREFULLY HOW TO VOTE. You are voting twice. Vote for ONE of the first three options and then vote for...
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602