Windows 10: View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys! After the upgrade to Windows 10 (i upgraded to the Insider Preview) some time ago, i found the browser, we known as project spartan. Today,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wzor, Aug 6, 2015.

1. wzor Win User

View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation?

Hi guys! After the upgrade to Windows 10 (i upgraded to the Insider Preview) some time ago, i found the browser, we known as project spartan. Today, it's called Microsoft Edge. Since the beginning, i had a problem with the browser that made it very frustrating to use. When I touch a textfield in the browser (not the addressbar) the whole OS just hangs for like 8-15 sec, then it works as snappy as usual. It made me almost switch to chrome but it's poorly optimized for touch.
    Do you guys know how to fix this problem without reinstalling the system?

:)

wzor, Aug 6, 2015

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Aug 6, 2015
  3. POLL: how often do you need to charge your X3-02

this would be an individual case for everybody so a poll would give you a percise answer factors included talk time ,data connection ,Bluetooth been on or off ,music player use having a constant 3g connection etc also your network .so its best to monitor
    this yourself

techbuzzireland, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Is this on your Lamina T-701? If so, I would think it to be either onscreen keyboard driver or display driver. Are they up to date? Admittedly not familiar with that tablet. Is there anything on your OEM site relating to this problem?

Your system specs are rather confusing to me. You have 3 Pcs/devices listed (Packard Bell/Debranded/Lamina T-701) and 3 OSs (None/None/Windows 10 Pro) so I'm assuming it is the Lamina T-701. No OS on your Packard Bell and Debranded?

Tony K, Aug 6, 2015
  5. wzor Win User
    Hi there! Yes this is on my TabletPC lamina. Funny, How the Lamina brand is so generic, it doesnt even have a website. My Stationary PC is not currently working, as the motherboard needs replacing, and I can't decide what OS I shall run on my Debranded (It has no brand anymore) Laptop. So my only functioning PC is the Lamina Tablet. Yes I did update the drivers, but not the touch input drivers as I didn't know about its existence.

EDIT: Laptop now working

wzor, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Tony K Win User
    Yes, there should be a touch screen driver. Hopefully they'll have one for 10. Perhaps it's one for 8.1, assuming that's what you upgraded from?

What driver do you see in Device manager?

And how do you obtain drivers without an OEM site?

Another thing I thought of and not sure for I don't have a tablet, although I do have a Lumia 1520 Windows phone 8.1 phablet. The full-blown PC edition fits on your tablet? I thought there was going to be a tablet edition released also. No?

Tony K, Aug 7, 2015
  7. wzor Win User
    Oh, you mean the Touchscreen driver. I misunderstood you. All drivers are up to date.

The tablet edition will simply be Windows 10 Mobile blown up for tablets, but it will be released at the same time as Windows 10 Mobile for phones Which is probably November-October. All devices below 8 Inches will run Windows 10 Mobile. Untill that, I'm stuck with a full desktop/10inch-tablet experience on my tiny 7-inch screen.

wzor, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Tony K Win User

Well, I guess you've done all you can, yes? Personally I don't know what to tell you other than the freezing is the system is catching up due to the OS not designed for your device? Trying to process too much data then finally catches up?

I heard the mobile edition may be out as soon as September. We'll see.

Perhaps someone else may have a solution for you. Please post any results if you do?

Good luck to you wzor. *Smile

Tony K, Aug 7, 2015
  9. wzor Win User
    The OS is indeed designed for my device, but it will be updated later on to Mobile. Hope you're right about the September as I can't wait for it to get released. That is definitely a bug, not lack in processing power. Thanks anyways!

wzor, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Ok. Good luck to all of us!

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: What browser do you use in your Windows 10 installation? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  3. View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?: Hello everyone, Many people are looking for a suitable antivirus software and I thought this thread might help them a bit. Note: Of course there is nothing called "THE BEST ANTIVIRUS" and it really varies based on kind of usage and many other factors. And this topic is just...
  4. View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?: Hello all, I want to know which browsers are used by people here. I am much interested in knowing it. I am using the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 Opera Spark Browser Torch Browser 1923
  5. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  6. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??: SO how many of you are trying to use Edge as your primary browser?? In the beginning I didn't and I just used it for this site but with the AU I started to use it as my primary and I only use FF for Sirius/XM online streaming so I can easily use a sleep timer bat file to shut...
  7. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...