Windows 10: View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have dual laptops, one running Windows 7 Pro and the other running Windows 10. Both laptops are on a wireless network (NetGear Nighthawk X5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOHO1, May 30, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software?

Hi, I have dual laptops, one running Windows 7 Pro and the other running Windows 10.
    Both laptops are on a wireless network (NetGear Nighthawk X5 R8000).
    I am using Mouse without Borders (2.1.5.1103) on each PC so that I can control both laptops using the keyboard and mouse of the Win10 PC.

I am seeing a TCP error occasionally on the Win7 laptop and the mouse app logs "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".

There is relatively little traffic actually moving on the network, at the time of the last event. The network is certainly capable of handling games, downloads, videos all at the same time and I benchmark the wifi connection using speedtest.net at > 50 Mbps, but traffic was very light at this last event.

I don't see anything unusual in the router log. I don't see any entry around the event time in the master PC mouse log.

I don't consider myself all that savvy when it comes to networking., so can anyone suggest things to check or monitor?

:)

SOHO1, May 30, 2016
  2. KVM PRO Win User

KVM Sw and Win 10

I am not working for Belkin, but I can tell that the F1DG102U is based on

the USB HUB-based class KVM switch, which should be transparently working with whatever keyboard you

connected to the switch.

So, you should do a test, that if you remote the KVM switch from your setup, and just connected the keyboard directly to the computer. Check if the result is the same or not. If the result is the same, then it is driver keyboard driver issue.

If the result is not the same, than it is KVM switch issue.

Rex

KVM PRO, May 30, 2016
  3. Sign the petition?!

Ah yes, I forgot to do that on Friday afternoon, here are the results on the close of the poll:

No! - I wouldnt be interested (0%)

Yes! - I think this would be a great idea! (58%)

I would prefer an engineer to do it (24%)

It would be good, but I would need help doing it (19%)

Total Votes: 156

On the thought of another poll, I think its a bit early to start another one right now, but if anyone has any suggestions for polls just let me know.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, May 30, 2016
  4. SOHO1 Win User

Update: I tried installing Synergy as an alternative to Mouse without Borders and WIndows7 pc client reports the Windows10 pc server is refusing connection.

The WIndows10 pc reports "a client with name .... is not on the map"
    Of course, I can actually ping the the client just fine and see it in the computer list from the NETWORK command. Too bad that Windows 10 has no map. Unsure if related.

SOHO1, May 31, 2016
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    Guessing that the poll is obfuscating my need to resolve why WIndows 10 forces connections to close. Don't see a thread tool to remove it.

SOHO1, May 31, 2016
  6. SOHO1 Win User
    Fount that FIPS is not compatible with most KVM software.
    GPEDIT.MSC > Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
    Proceed to DISABLE the use of FIPS compliant algorithms on all PCs.

View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software? [​IMG]

SOHO1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?: What will be the right choice of a free antivirus with the new OS? The inbuilt Defender? Or long time trusted Avast? Or Avira? Or anything else? Have you guys tested any free antivirus yet? Let us know ... share your experience with us. 1988
  5. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  6. View Poll Results: Drive for software/programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Drive for software/programs: Just reading another thread and I just was wondering.. how many of you put your programs/software on a driver other than the traditional C?? Like the D or some other?? For me I always let the instillation default to the C for ease of instillation and my SSD is the C driver...
  7. View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?: *Smile TF Live Chat will also include live presentations of Macrium Reflect & viBoot, see post #2 in chat thread for more information. OK geeks, start posting about your backup software & strategy *Smile Entries deadline 12 noon UTC on Saturday 3rd of September,...
  8. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  9. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  10. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?: I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by Stardock) Native Start screen Any other solution (post Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any...