Windows 10: View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I was wondering how things are with PowerShell for those that are into the development there. I am not that good with it as i am a strong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zerowalker, Apr 25, 2019.

1. View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how things are with PowerShell for those that are into the development there.
    I am not that good with it as i am a strong cmd / bash advocate as i find PowerShell a bit, odd (not bad).

Just to give it out there so you know where i am coming from!

Now, from my understanding, the default PowerShell is something like 5.1 today in Windows 10 i believe.
    But now there's something new called PowerShell Core: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
    which i think is 6, as in, >= 6 will be that Open Source core?

In that case, what are the differences if any, should i prefer one or the other,
    can one be replaced by the other or used as the system default (meaning whenever i call PowerShell in some way, it would go with PowerShell Core).

Might be stupid questions, maybe not, and might not even be the right place in this forum, if not please move it to the correct place and tell me why so i knowView Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10? :)

Oh and also, if you want you can tell me why i should like this or that with PowerShell (either version) compared to cmd / bash like conventions, you can always learn something new!
    (But i Don't mean that as a way to debate over them, just facts and criticism, that's much appreciated).

Thanks!

:)

zerowalker, Apr 25, 2019
  2. altae Win User

View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet):

• Native Windows 10 Start menu
    • Classic Shell
    • Start 10 (by Stardock)
    • Native Start screen
    • Any other solution (post

Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any of it's predecessors.

I personally reverted to Classic shell. I like beeing able to customize it. The native Start menu is simply not flexible enough for me.

altae, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?

1. View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Which offline backup service do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Which offline backup service do you prefer?: I'm considering switching from Carbonite to another service (iDrive, Backblaze, etc.). What do you guys recommend? Carbonite seems to be resource intensive during active backups. 109696
  3. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  4. View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?: Hello all, I want to know which browsers are used by people here. I am much interested in knowing it. I am using the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 Opera Spark Browser Torch Browser 1923
  5. View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?: What will be the right choice of a free antivirus with the new OS? The inbuilt Defender? Or long time trusted Avast? Or Avira? Or anything else? Have you guys tested any free antivirus yet? Let us know ... share your experience with us. 1988
  6. View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?: Following Brink's software update posts. *SmileLatest Multi Commander Version Released *Smile 55920
  7. View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?: Now that my free 200 GB OneDrive offer is ending I have to decide between base, 50GB, Office 365 Home or alternative sync storage. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have desktop+laptop Windows computers. Same @live.com e-mail for all. Other local users for networking....
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?: I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by Stardock) Native Start screen Any other solution (post Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any...
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602