Windows 10: View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can somebody PLEASE give me a working link to Windows Essentials 2012, preferably the offline installer? It's not on Microsoft anymore, and I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stargate38, May 8, 2017.

1. View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App?

Can somebody PLEASE give me a working link to Windows Essentials 2012, preferably the offline installer? It's not on Microsoft anymore, and I want to use the Live Mail and Photos apps in place of the default Win10 apps.

:)

Stargate38, May 8, 2017

2. Sending emails to my account via tablet, inbox is unrelenting with repeat emails.

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Which mail app are you using?

2. From when you are facing this issue? Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

3. Are you facing this issue in Windows Mail app or Windows Live Mail Application (part of Windows Essentials) or Live Mail web account (through browser)?

Method 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Method 2: Let's try removing the account and add it back again.

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 8, 2017
  3. Bert22306 Win User
    has anyone been successful at adding a new folder to windows 10 mail app?

I don't use Gmail, but I do use Hotmail. I think what Giridhar is saying is this:

It is true that, as of now, the Win10 native Mail app does not permit adding folders. However, if you use your browser and log into your Hotmail webmail account, you can add folders using that web client. Having done so, when you open the native Win10 Mail
    app again, and sync this Mail app, the new folders will appear in the Mail app.

It's a workaround. I think that Mail, like Edge, are going to be improved in time. Ever the optimist.

I do use the mail app, although I don't understand why Microsoft didn't just provide Win10 with a mail app identical to Windows Live Mail. As a mail client, Windows Live Mail was a much more complete than Win10 Mail, IMO. I used Windows Live Mail for some
    time, on Windows 10, and my wife still does on her PC (which I also updated to Windows 10). But I went ahead and uncluttered things on my PC, by removing all my Windows Live Essentials.

Bert22306, May 8, 2017
  4. View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App?

Hi Stargate38

I trust this site. That said please scan with your AV. Hopefully Live Mail is included.

While Live Mail still works for a lot of people it could stop at any time depending on your mail supplier.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/55...ssentials.html

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 8, 2017
  5. As far as the poll goes ..... I use neither.

indianacarnie, May 8, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I have a copy on my Onedrive that I uploaded for others to use. Bear in mind the warnings that Live Mail and Photos are no longer supported and the only prog that I can confirm works is Movie Maker. Also, it has been reported that the installer will not work after a clean install and/or major update like Creators. In any event, here's a link to the file, report back with your results to help others -
    WinLiveEss2012-setup-all.rar

mrgeek, May 8, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Do not use live mail - it is insecure. There are loads of good email clients.

cereberus, May 9, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App?

Welcome to TenForums @Stargate38

You may not find the offline installer is much use any more. It's Movie Maker that I would miss most, so I downloaded the offline installer before it disappeared from Microsoft. Recently I tested installing it on the Creators Update - the install failed with errors. Shortly after a cumulative update the install would no longer work on 1607 either. Essentials is past its 'end of life' and Microsoft are no longer actively supporting it, so it's unsurprising that they haven't tested their latest patches for compatibility with Essential 2012.

While the installer says that it failed, it does seem to install something - a working Movie Maker and Photo Gallery, at least. More of my test results are to be found here...

Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017

Bree, May 9, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    I just installed WLE offline installer on a clean Build 16193, everything works with the exception of Live Messenger prompting an update which installs Skype Desktop

View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App? [​IMG]

Edwin, May 15, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    I don't use Windows Live Mail but a Search of my several download Folders [on several drives] shows that over time I've saved 4 copies of Windows Live 2012 [wlsetup-all.exe], available for installing whenever I wish. That in itself says Windows Live is/was not included in a default installation of Windows. I have seen Windows Live come pre-installed on different-brands of OEM computers, that was the OEMs choice just like several years ago a number of OEMs included Microsoft Works, usually free [only time I saw a price it was only $50USD].

Berton, May 15, 2017
  11. As far as the poll goes, I use neither. I use Outlook.

alphanumeric, May 16, 2017
  12. clbogdan Win User
  13. rafg431 Win User

View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App?

Mozilla Thunderbird (free) is excellent. When my Windows Live Mail started playing up, I transferred everything to Thunderbird. Best of all - you can do an excellent back up on Mail Store Home (free).

rafg431, Mar 17, 2018
  14. Any with Thunderbird you can back up your entire profile making recoveries a snap or new installations quick an easy.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Which do you like better, Windows Live Mail or Win10 builtin Mail App? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Of these options, qhich do you like best?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Of these options, qhich do you like best?: God HELP ME-Windows update #1909 Windows 10 Home 64 (Version 1809) Has failed after 14 MONTHS to either install correctly or whatever but I don't know what to do anymore. I've also followed many of those YouTube "Method 1...3..4..5.6.." videos and none work... I'm using a...
  3. View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?: Hi everyone! I was wondering how things are with PowerShell for those that are into the development there. I am not that good with it as i am a strong cmd / bash advocate as i find PowerShell a bit, odd (not bad). Just to give it out there so you know where i am coming...
  4. View Poll Results: Which offline backup service do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Which offline backup service do you prefer?: I'm considering switching from Carbonite to another service (iDrive, Backblaze, etc.). What do you guys recommend? Carbonite seems to be resource intensive during active backups. 109696
  5. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  6. View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?: What will be the right choice of a free antivirus with the new OS? The inbuilt Defender? Or long time trusted Avast? Or Avira? Or anything else? Have you guys tested any free antivirus yet? Let us know ... share your experience with us. 1988
  7. View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Which file manager do you use?: Following Brink's software update posts. *SmileLatest Multi Commander Version Released *Smile 55920
  8. View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?: Now that my free 200 GB OneDrive offer is ending I have to decide between base, 50GB, Office 365 Home or alternative sync storage. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have desktop+laptop Windows computers. Same @live.com e-mail for all. Other local users for networking....
  9. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...