Windows 10: View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.

Discus and support View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Things are moving fast with W10 at the moment. If you were asked TODAY whether you would jump to W10 what would you say ? There is a Poll attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.

Things are moving fast with W10 at the moment. If you were asked TODAY whether you would jump to W10 what would you say ?

There is a Poll attached to this thread. READ CAREFULLY HOW TO VOTE. You are voting twice. Vote for ONE of the first three options and then vote for ONE of the following seven choices of what you currently use.

:)

Mooly, Apr 11, 2015

2. What are .dll files and what will happen if you delete it?

what will happen if i delete all these .dll files that showed up on my desktop when cleaning out my recycle bin

Original Title: .dll files

Michael LambRT, Apr 11, 2015
  3. What are .dll files and what will happen if you delete it?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will assist you with this.

.dll Files are installed by software programs while they are installed These files contain code that tells programs how to operate. If you delete .dll files programs may not work properly. We suggest you not to delete these files as they may cause serious
    issues with the proper functioning of the computer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 11, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

You needed a clean install in dual boot option, that's the way I'll be going so can't really pick options one, two or three.

Boozad, Apr 11, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    I already upgraded to W10 as my main OS. All your poll choices are future tense whereas I upgraded last October and have no intention of reverting to any earlier version.

adamf, Apr 11, 2015
  6. Cant really answer the poll as it is assuming that you only have 1 device that will use win 10

From the latest versions I am almost certain that my laptop will be upgrade to 10, starting to like the look of it now
    My tablet however is the total opposite, currently this will be sticking with 8.1 unless big improvements are made on the touch side

paulsalter, Apr 11, 2015
  7. Mooly Win User
    The phrase 'you can't please everybody' comes to mind *Smile Fair comment though.

If you are already using W10 as a main OS then perhaps by inference that means you wont be going back to anything else.
    If you only have one device then there is nothing to stop you imaging your current set up.......

It will all get very interesting, that much is for sure. For every one person that knows something about W10 there must be tens (or hundreds) of thousands using 7/8/8.1 that have no idea what is coming. How that is handled... that could be a good thread in its own right *Smile

Mooly, Apr 11, 2015
  8. Superfly Win User

Like Adam, I have decided to pursue with Windows 10 as my main OS - thus voted for upgrade.
    I dual boot with Mint - I can't answer which is my favourite OS as they each offer different pro's and con's...

Superfly, Apr 11, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    I will Upgrade both my Windows 8.1 desktop and my Windows 7 laptop
    My favorite OS to date (be it Windows or Linux) is Windows 8.1 update 1
    I will upgrade only because I'm thinking about the future, where all improvements in software and connectivity will be based on Windows 10. Plus simply out of security reasons it makes sense.

Cliff S, Apr 11, 2015
  10. Hi

I will stick to "Windows" ( whatever versions MS releases ) as possible as i can. "Windows 95" was my first OS and i fell in love with Windows after using it. If MS goes to the subscription based rout and if i ever forced to choose an OS other than Windows, i will go with Linux rather than Mac - neither i can't afford to buy Apple products nor i don't like OS X.

Currently i dual boot both "Win 8" and Linux Mint and i have a "love - hate" relationship with both.

Anshad Edavana, Apr 11, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. well for me, at least,, my plan is to first get the upgrade and then to get the full ISO from NewEgg/Amazon.

And as for my favorite OS.. well.. it's far to early to make a decision on Win10. I really like it and the direction it's going but Win8.1.1 is a hard OS to beat. Why?? It's far more mature/developed OS and it shows. Will Win10 get there?? Yes, but that's going to be much later on this year or early next year.

BunnyJ, Apr 11, 2015
  12. Mooly Win User
    We're racking up the votes... thanks all *Smile

Fwiw I think W8.1 has turned out to be an excellent offering... it has never put a foot wrong really considering the things I use it for.

Does that mean that you think only an upgrade will be freely available and that a free ISO option from MS will not be available ?

Mooly, Apr 11, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Not sure to be honest.. I recall that MS posted an upgrade path and it showed that an ISO would be available but no mention of that since some time ago. If the ISO is available for free then I'll grab that.. if not then I'll purchase the DVD with the ISO on it.

BunnyJ, Apr 11, 2015
  14. LittleJay Win User
    I'm not sure yet, whether I will upgrade either my W7 or W8.1 installations, or just buy a new license of W10. If I do choose to upgrade, then it would be over W7, as I am currently using 8.1 for my everyday OS.

LittleJay, Apr 11, 2015
  15. Mooly Win User
    That's pretty much how I feel about all tbh. It would have to be a clean install for me, otherwise I would stick with W8.1 which I personally think is terrific.

Would I buy W10 software to get a clean install. I suspect not if I'm honest and would probably hold out to see what the next developments might be.

Mooly, Apr 11, 2015
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now. - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  4. View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?: Hello everyone, Many people are looking for a suitable antivirus software and I thought this thread might help them a bit. Note: Of course there is nothing called "THE BEST ANTIVIRUS" and it really varies based on kind of usage and many other factors. And this topic is just...
  5. View Poll Results: Are you using AVG Web Tuneup?

View Poll Results: Are you using AVG Web Tuneup?: This Antivirus Plugin Makes You LESS Secure AVG has been a trusted name in anti-malware and online security software for decades; over 200 million people have installed the free AVG Antivirus software. But in the last weeks of 2015, it was revealed that one of AVG’s...
  6. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  7. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  8. View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?: *Smile TF Live Chat will also include live presentations of Macrium Reflect & viBoot, see post #2 in chat thread for more information. OK geeks, start posting about your backup software & strategy *Smile Entries deadline 12 noon UTC on Saturday 3rd of September,...
  9. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602