Windows 10: Viewing 2 documents

Discus and support Viewing 2 documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardLower1, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Viewing 2 documents

I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark and only the files show up. If I set it for duplicate, then I'm looking at the same document but now its on both screens. Please tell me how to pull up 2 different documents, 1 on each screen. Thank you, Richard

:)

RichardLower1, Jan 5, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 5, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jan 5, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Viewing 2 documents

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Viewing 2 documents

1. Viewing 2 documents - Similar Threads - Viewing documents

2. Why I can't view documents in preview pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't view documents in preview pane?: I really need this function because I'm working with documents that need to upload. This function will save my time, rather than I need to open the file just to see the title. Please help me. Thank you....
  3. Why I can't view documents in preview pane?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't view documents in preview pane?: I really need this function because I'm working with documents that need to upload. This function will save my time, rather than I need to open the file just to see the title. Please help me. Thank you....
  4. Why I can't view documents in preview pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows 11 - selection to view only PDF files in documents not staying, reverts back to all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 - selection to view only PDF files in documents not staying, reverts back to all: I go into my document folder. xxxxxx - Personal > DocumentsI click on dropdown arrow for "Type" and select "Text Document". xxxxxx - Personal > Documents > Text DocumentI click on what I want to open, then lose the "Text Document", goes back to viewing all files. goes from...
  6. windows 11 - selection to view only PDF files in documents not staying, reverts back to all

windows 11 - selection to view only PDF files in documents not staying, reverts back to all: I go into my document folder. xxxxxx - Personal > DocumentsI click on dropdown arrow for "Type" and select "Text Document". xxxxxx - Personal > Documents > Text DocumentI click on what I want to open, then lose the "Text Document", goes back to viewing all files. goes from...
  7. How do I get windows explorer to view my cell phone folders as general document folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get windows explorer to view my cell phone folders as general document folders?: Windows 10 has it in its head that every folder on my android cellphone is for music. No matter what folder I select it displays:Name, Type, Size, Track Number, Artist, Album, Year, Duration! I hate this! I always have to manually remove those last 5 columns!I only want it to...
  8. How do I get windows explorer to view my cell phone folders as general document folders?

How do I get windows explorer to view my cell phone folders as general document folders?: Windows 10 has it in its head that every folder on my android cellphone is for music. No matter what folder I select it displays:Name, Type, Size, Track Number, Artist, Album, Year, Duration! I hate this! I always have to manually remove those last 5 columns!I only want it to...
  9. How do I get windows explorer to view my cell phone folders as general document folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Microsoft Excel - Whitelist Safe Websites to Avoid Opening Excel Documents in Protected View

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Excel - Whitelist Safe Websites to Avoid Opening Excel Documents in Protected View: My role requires me to review a variety of financial data. The ERP that my organization employs is an in-browser web service Dynamics 365 Business Central. This means that any time I want to pull a table, list, report etc... the document must first open in "Protected View"....