Windows 10: Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Discus and support Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, does anyone know how I can find the battery percentage for Bluetooth headphones? I googled it and it only had stuff for mouse, keyboard, pen, etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jerry_5, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Jerry_5 Win User

Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

Hi, does anyone know how I can find the battery percentage for Bluetooth headphones? I googled it and it only had stuff for mouse, keyboard, pen, etc BUT NONE FOR HEADPHONES!!! I need my headphones to work and it is important for me to know when I need to charge it so it doesn't die. BUT I LEGIT CAN'T FIND ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS TOPIC. So can someone like, tell me what I need to do to get it?

:)

Jerry_5, Feb 13, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

How can I get the battery level of my Bluetooth headphone over a Windows PC?

In Windows 7, part of the Bluetooth stack was provided by 3rd party (such as Widcomm, Toshiba, etc) add-on software. Some of them did support battery level display for some type of devices (there are multiple way to report battery level). That's why some people say that it's supported by Windows, but it may not be the case for everyone.

In Windows 10, they were replaced by Microsoft's code and it doesn't (at least, as of 10.0.15063) have capability to show battery level for any type of Bluetooth device.

So, to monitor Bluetooth devices' battery level on Windows 10, you do need to install additional software. Some major Bluetooth device vendors provide companion application and it shows battery level. I saw Microsoft and Logitech do so for their keyboard/mouse products.

If your device's vendor doesn't provide such application, you may want to try "Bluetooth Battery Monitor", which is available at: Bluetooth Battery Monitor

Full Disclosure: I'm the author of the program.

By the way, you mentioned about GATT battery service, but Windows (again, at least as of 10.0.15063) supports GATT access only over LE connection, and doesn't allow simultaneous LE/Classic connection either. So, you can access GATT of LE only devices (such as HID devices), but you cannot access your headphone/headsets's GATT because those devices are connected with Classic only.

10/3/2018 update:

Windows 10 update 1809 is finalized (build 17763) and I think it's a good time to clarify what it does and what it doesn't.

As far as I've tested, it supports only Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) devices that use GATT Battery Service to report battery information. If you are using Bluetooth LE mice/keyboards, those devices are probably OK. But most other devices including headphones, headsets, and Classic mice/keyboards are not supported by Windows 10 and 3rd party software is still needed.

I also tested the latest Insider preview release for the 19H1 update (build 18252), but it's the same as 1809. Following is the screenshot from 1809. All of these devices are capable of reporting battery information, but Microsoft's "Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600" is the only device Windows 10 can display the information.

Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones 8KCSm.png

Susumu Arai, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones

1. Viewing battery level for Bluetooth Headphones - Similar Threads - Viewing battery level

2. Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch: I bought an Xbox controller specifically for PC gaming a year or two ago, and I've recently noticed an issue with using the Game Bar. While it is nice to have the battery level there, it seems to be inaccurate. I had my controller plugged in to charge for a few hours, and on...
  3. Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar and Bluetooth Battery Level Mismatch: I bought an Xbox controller specifically for PC gaming a year or two ago, and I've recently noticed an issue with using the Game Bar. While it is nice to have the battery level there, it seems to be inaccurate. I had my controller plugged in to charge for a few hours, and on...
  4. Is there a more expedient way to view battery level of Bluetooth devices than navigating to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a more expedient way to view battery level of Bluetooth devices than navigating to...: I just want to check on my headphones from the Notification Center or taskbar submitted by /u/slime-mold [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5tzdn/is_there_a_more_expedient_way_to_view_battery/
  5. BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES BATTERY PERCENTAGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES BATTERY PERCENTAGE: When I connect to Bluetooth headphones. It connects but not showing battery percentage... How can I fix this glitch. And also I am running October 2019 update OS.......
  6. Bluetooth devices battery level stopped showing

Bluetooth devices battery level stopped showing: After the recent Windows 10 update to version 1903 (build 18362.116), connected bluetooth devices (mouse, pen) do not show battery levels in Settings (I am quite sure it was showing before). HP Spectre x360 convertible (2019) with the same BT mouse and digital pen as before...
  7. battery level

battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  8. Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Polling Bluetooth Battery level with Powershell: I know with Windows 10 1803 we are able to see the battery level of connect wireless Bluetooth devices that support it (Such as the Surface Mouse) Is there a PowerShell command that can be run to display the battery level for these devices as well? One exists for the...
  9. Bluetooth Battery Level via Battery System Icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Battery Level via Battery System Icon: We have all been there when our wireless devices (mouse/keyboard) stop responding. Or in my instance, using the Surface Pen buttons and suddenly they stopped working. You guessed it, my battery in my Bluetooth device died. Would it be possible to update either the...
  10. Battery level of external Bluetooth devices

Battery level of external Bluetooth devices: I use updated Surface Pro 4 laptop. It works without any problems but I want to find out how I can check the battery level of the connected external Bluetooth devices, for instance the mouse. I cannot find the setting anywhere...