Windows 10: Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

Discus and support Viewing documents stored on OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I want to open & view one, particular document that is stored in OneDrive, must I download it first? * Moved from Community Participation Center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joanmariebernadette, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

When I want to open & view one, particular document that is stored in OneDrive, must I download it first?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

joanmariebernadette, Oct 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

1. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive - Similar Threads - Viewing documents stored

2. Onedrive documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive documents: I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for...
  3. Not uploading documents to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not uploading documents to OneDrive?: I just signed up for OneDrive, but only wanted to upload individual OneDrive notebooks. But now all documents, pictures and videos were automatically uploaded to the cloud. If I remove these folders in the OneDrive settings under "Select Folder", they are no longer visible on...
  4. viewing recently downloaded documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    viewing recently downloaded documents: I tried downloading my taxes after e-filing. The HP pavilion asks what I want to do with them and I said save. But, when I go in to see them, everything is unreadable....just gobblely gook. What is wrong....
  5. Accessing documents in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing documents in Onedrive: Apparently, I misunderstand something pretty basic about Onedrive. Let's say I log into Onedrive from my home computer and upload a file to the Onedrive "Documents" folder. Then, I go to a different device and log into Onedrive using the same credentials as I used on my...
  6. Viewing 2 documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing 2 documents: I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark and only the files...
  7. View document properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    View document properties: I want to REMOVE the document Type column from the opening window list of items in each folder. How can I change this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-document-properties/ead525c4-7108-4b3b-b5d6-09e52b3191a6
  8. OneDrive and my Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive and my Documents: I am trying to keep my document locally on my PC, but their set to be stored on the OneDrive. When I right click [Document] from [File Explorer], and look at [Documents] [Properties], the [Location] is C:\Users\terry\OneDrive\Document. I do not want [Document] on the...
  9. OneDrive Explorer View

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Explorer View: Hi, New on here a just taken plunge with w10. Not bad at all on this Surface Pro 3. In windows explorer there is an option what folders to show and synchronise. It used to be that the file 'impression' was there but the actual file on the cloud. It now seems that to have...
  10. Document Link and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Link and OneDrive: The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan 8873