Windows 10: viewing DVDs

Discus and support viewing DVDs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; what free DVD player apps work well with Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidSexton2, Mar 6, 2019.

1. viewing DVDs

what free DVD player apps work well with Microsoft Edge

:)

DavidSexton2, Mar 6, 2019

2. Cannot view DVDs as they run

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft forums.

1. What is the make and model of the DVD player\laptop?

2. What is the exact error message you are getting?

You might be facing this issue due to outdated\corrupt DVD drivers.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Karthik Vengaloor, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Burning .png photos on Windows 10 to view on a DVD Player and a TV

To address the issue you're experiencing, provide the answers to the following:

• What is the model of the device you're using?
    • Have you tried using a different CD/DVD-R and got the same result?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Windows Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by drop down option to Large icons found on the upper-right part of the window.
    • Locate and click Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all found on the left pane.
    • Click Hardware and Devices, then follow the next steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Let us know the result.

Thank you.

Michelle Her, Mar 6, 2019
  4. viewing DVDs

windows dvd burner

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

viewing DVDs

1. viewing DVDs - Similar Threads - viewing DVDs

2. Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...: I can send the problem history so we can figure out the failures.The snip wont render on this message platform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-has-been-occurring-lately-and/1876fb46-6f43-463e-97d1-f68586865ff5
  3. Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death has been occurring lately and using view reliability history I see...: I can send the problem history so we can figure out the failures.The snip wont render on this message platform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-of-death-has-been-occurring-lately-and/1876fb46-6f43-463e-97d1-f68586865ff5
  4. How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders: How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders.My computer randomly and infrequently changes some, not all, folders to AUTO sort by Group and AUTO show details.I want AUTO sort by None and AUTO show ListThanks...
  5. How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders

How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders: How to set Sort, View, etc for ALL folders.My computer randomly and infrequently changes some, not all, folders to AUTO sort by Group and AUTO show details.I want AUTO sort by None and AUTO show ListThanks...
  6. Why I can't view documents in preview pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't view documents in preview pane?: I really need this function because I'm working with documents that need to upload. This function will save my time, rather than I need to open the file just to see the title. Please help me. Thank you....
  7. Why I can't view documents in preview pane?

Why I can't view documents in preview pane?: I really need this function because I'm working with documents that need to upload. This function will save my time, rather than I need to open the file just to see the title. Please help me. Thank you....
  8. Why I can't view documents in preview pane?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  10. viewing my home fopied DVDs

in Windows 10 Customization
    viewing my home fopied DVDs: I cpied my VHS tapes to DVDs now what program do I play them on so anyone can see and uses them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-my-home-fopied-dvds/960d19c0-1ebe-4a64-bc8d-e8e4309d37c4