Windows 10: Viewing .GIF Files

Discus and support Viewing .GIF Files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Only find inadequate programs available in Microsoft Store to view .GIF files. Simply hard to believe it is so difficult to find a good working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnaWhitehead1, May 22, 2020.

1. Viewing .GIF Files

Only find inadequate programs available in Microsoft Store to view .GIF files. Simply hard to believe it is so difficult to find a good working and available program. I cannot even get a downloaded program to upgrade. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for something that worked. Ya'll are supposed to be the best available for people like me who want to get things done, but who are not professionals. I might even want to make a .GIF file someday. So far I cannot even consistently open them to view.

I am up-to-date on everything on my computer, but really wonder if I haven't made a mistake trying to get things done with Microsoft 365.

Please give me a simple solution and not one that will take hours and hours and then still not work

:)

AnnaWhitehead1, May 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 22, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 22, 2020
  4. Viewing .GIF Files

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Viewing .GIF Files

1. Viewing .GIF Files - Similar Threads - Viewing GIF Files

2. how to open .gif files in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open .gif files in photos: Unable to open .gif files which keep showing up in my Photos program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-gif-files-in-photos/f1d4a2e0-3e30-4e81-868d-2a1039951cd9
  3. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  4. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  5. How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?: Whenever I go to save a gif the only choice in have is to save it as a .mp4 file submitted by /u/Beans-McCheese [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iel2xc/how_do_i_get_gifs_to_save_as_a_gif_file_and_not/
  6. GIF Screensaver

GIF Screensaver: Is there a possible way to put a GIF as a screensaver? submitted by /u/tonilovesgames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0uzxu/gif_screensaver/
  7. Windows10 suggestions for opening .gif files

Windows10 suggestions for opening .gif files: [ATTACH] What is Update and IE ActiveX interface marshaling libary doing there? submitted by /u/Squid2g [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hvwnkp/windows10_suggestions_for_opening_gif_files/
  8. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.: What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to view the image (and the image alone), move it about the screen, close the view....
  9. Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view: I use windows 10 with chrome! When trying to view videos or GIFs on primarily on Facebook, the picture appears zoomed in to where they are unrecognizable! This is very recent so I am assuming the problem is associated with a recent windows update! [Moved from:...
  10. Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view: I use windows 10 with chrome! When trying to view videos or GIFs on primarily on Facebook, the picture appears zoomed in to where they are unrecognizable! This is very recent so I am assuming the problem is associated with a recent windows update!...