Windows 10: viewing gmail on a surface

Discus and support viewing gmail on a surface in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I adjust the screen in order to view the entire gmail message. I currently have to scroll over to see the entire message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenWilkinson3, Mar 7, 2020.

1. viewing gmail on a surface

How do I adjust the screen in order to view the entire gmail message. I currently have to scroll over to see the entire message

:)

KarenWilkinson3, Mar 7, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

viewing gmail on a surface [​IMG]

viewing gmail on a surface [​IMG]

weybrew, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Mail App on Surface: Signatures and Gmail aliases

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to install any pending updates that are pending and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2020
  4. viewing gmail on a surface

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

viewing gmail on a surface

1. viewing gmail on a surface - Similar Threads - viewing gmail surface

2. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view: How do I make my google gmail accounts default open in the basic view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-default-my-gmail-accounts-to-open-with-the/643bcb6c-058e-4d60-92a8-a2e915a312ee
  3. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view: How do I make my google gmail accounts default open in the basic view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-default-my-gmail-accounts-to-open-with-the/643bcb6c-058e-4d60-92a8-a2e915a312ee
  4. how to default my gmail accounts to open with the basic view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    gmail: I am having a problem opening any information on e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail/e6652096-26a7-4812-acf6-4f388ddea038
  6. Gmail on the surface email app

Gmail on the surface email app: I just got a surface pro 6 and it is my first one. I signed up for a Microsoft account using my gmail. Now I am trying to add my gmail to the email app so I can view all my email accounts in one place and it keeps giving me an error code saying that is can't be done. I don't...
  7. Surface Go - Gmail emails not synching

Surface Go - Gmail emails not synching: I have set up my Surface Go using my personal Gmail account email but when setting up my email accounts on the tablet, it’s not synching my emails from that email address. It has set up the other 2 emails easily and all emails are coming through (another Gmail address and a...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen

Surface Pro 4 Can't write or reply to emails in Gmail with pen: I can't use my surface pro 4 stylus pen to write emails directly to Gmail like my GalaxyNote 8. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Display and screen...
  9. gmail

gmail: how do you get rid of a "gmail out of date" message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail/746a1498-8caa-446c-85e7-84a659f5e726
  10. Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail: How do I put Gmail on my taskbar? 77504