Windows 10: Viewing icons in folders?

Discus and support Viewing icons in folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some jpg files show actual image in icon, other jpg files show generic file icon. It changes from refresh to refresh. Is anyone else having this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarcWojcik, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Viewing icons in folders?

Some jpg files show actual image in icon, other jpg files show generic file icon. It changes from refresh to refresh. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

:)

MarcWojcik, Feb 29, 2020

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 29, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Viewing icons in folders?

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Viewing icons in folders?

1. Viewing icons in folders? - Similar Threads - Viewing icons folders

2. Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view: I have literally thousands of photographs for work purposes and use the "Extra Large Icon" in view settings in the folder to find what I'm looking for. I can see a small version of the photograph. Windows appears to have updated over night and has removed 'photo viewer' and...
  3. Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view: I have literally thousands of photographs for work purposes and use the "Extra Large Icon" in view settings in the folder to find what I'm looking for. I can see a small version of the photograph. Windows appears to have updated over night and has removed 'photo viewer' and...
  4. Can't see photos as 'icons' in folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  6. change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons)

change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons): Hello. I use a custom theme and I have almost changed all of the system icons besides them. I know I can not directly modify the shell.32.dll in windows 10, so I change the icons in shell32.dll.mui (this way, as I know from personalizations forum, it works) but I do not know...
  7. ICON default views in only specific folders

ICON default views in only specific folders: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...
  8. Where does Windows store folder view icons?

Where does Windows store folder view icons?: Below are the icons that Im looking to locate and replace. I have skimmed through imageres.dll, explorerframe.dll , shell32.dll and 60 more .dll and .cpl files in both SySWoW64 and system32 directories, but have not managed to located these 14 icons. Does anyone know...
  9. View icons

in Windows 10 Support
    View icons: Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often. I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other than Medium or Large Icons. As soon as I turn my back this Windows 10 seems to want to return me to List; not always, but...
  10. Cursor icon blocking view of folders during move

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor icon blocking view of folders during move: This subject came up about 3 years ago in the Seven Folder when evaluating whether I should move my stable of 22 WinXP3 systems to Win 7. Never made the move since Win7, win8 and Win 8-1 seemed to be a downgrade from WinXP3. I have just installed Win 10 on a Dell Computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. viewing icons in files