Windows 10: viewing images in a folder

Discus and support viewing images in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Somehow, I have, I guess, changed the display of photographs that I have stored in a folder. I have Windows 10. Under Preview Panel > View I can see 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frustrated 2012, Aug 28, 2022.

1. viewing images in a folder

Somehow, I have, I guess, changed the display of photographs that I have stored in a folder. I have Windows 10. Under Preview Panel > View I can see 4 sizes of icons, tiles, list, content, details - but no actual images. If I open a folder, I can open the first jpg file in the list or icon and see an image, but this approach is taking FOREVER.

:)

Frustrated 2012, Aug 28, 2022

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 28, 2022
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 28, 2022
  4. TomStrong Win User

viewing images in a folder

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

viewing images in a folder

1. viewing images in a folder - Similar Threads - viewing images folder

2. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  3. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  4. viewing images in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    viewing images in a folder: Somehow, I have, I guess, changed the display of photographs that I have stored in a folder. I have Windows 10. Under Preview Panel > View I can see 4 sizes of icons, tiles, list, content, details - but no actual images. If I open a folder, I can open the first jpg file in...
  5. viewing images in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    viewing images in a folder: Somehow, I have, I guess, changed the display of photographs that I have stored in a folder. I have Windows 10. Under Preview Panel > View I can see 4 sizes of icons, tiles, list, content, details - but no actual images. If I open a folder, I can open the first jpg file in...
  6. Folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view: Hi. In Windows 10 I could easily see if a folder contained some files because when viewing as large icons I could see the file thumbnail without opening the folder. I cannot find how to do this in Windows 11. Please help,,,,too much time spent trying to find files. Thanks...
  7. Folder View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder View: Does anyone know how to set ALL the Windows 10 folders to the same view and 'group by' setting? It's very tedious to have to go through every single folder to set them to be the same. Can this be done with a registry tweak?...
  8. Image view problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Image view problem: Hi All, I want see Image when i open any images folder, but i am seeing only icons of the image, what is the reason, and how can resolve it, please help me, after upgrading to windows 10 i am facing this issue. i have attached screen shot also, there you can understand my...
  9. folder views

in Windows 10 Support
    folder views: windows keeps changing my folder view on my usb drives... i have some folders set as small icons, some folders set as medium icons... but windows keeps changing to "details view" and no matter how many times i change it back windows will change it to details view again... it...
  10. Folder Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Views: Is there a way to control whether folders individually or as a whole remember settings like, whether to display as list view or details? Remember column width? The way things display seem random. Generally it will either be list view or details, but sometimes, for example, I...