Windows 10: Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC

Discus and support Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.476) I have an iPhone 6s, and there are some very, very, long text message conversations on there that I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AntonAnton, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC

Windows version: 1903 (OS Build 18362.476)

I have an iPhone 6s, and there are some very, very, long text message conversations on there that I'd like to be able to read through on my PC for the sake of convenience. I've already backed up my iPhone to the PC, but the files are stored without a file extension, so I'm not exactly sure how to view them. I've tried opening some of the files in a text editor, but they seem to be either compressed or encrypted (even though I never selected the option to encrypt the backup when backing up the iPhone from iTunes) because it's just a chaotic mess of unusual characters. I know there is software out there, which costs money and supposedly allows you to do this, but they all look sketchy af, so I thought this might be the place to post a question before taking any further action.

Does anybody know how I can view these backup files, ideally for free or with some freeware software that doesn't have malware, spyware, or any other crap built into it?

Thnq

:)

AntonAnton, Nov 22, 2019

2. IPhone text messages

This worth looking at although it may not be entirely what you want. I did look to see if there was an app to transfer iPhone texts to Windows 10 but the only ones I saw cost around $30

That said if you just want to see and reply to texts via your PC, this might do the trick.

https://www.cultofmac.com/546617/microsoft-your-phone-timeline-iphone-ipad-build-2018/

https://appleinsider.com/articles/1...app-promising-to-mirror-iphone-on-windows-pcs

Read this one:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4459358/windows-10-your-phone-app-help

unfortunately, with this app, you cannot get all the features but it might be useful

What can I do with the Your Phone app?

The Your Phone app on Windows 10 lets you:

• Link your phone and PC to unlock a variety of cross-device experiences for Android and iPhone.
    • See recent photos from your phone on your PC for Android only.
    • View and send text messages from your PC for Android only.

I do use it and it works well, in fact, really well but I have an Android device. I have never used an iPhone and I am aware there are features missing for the iPhone version.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 22, 2019
  3. iphone text messages to PC

What app can I use to receive my Iphone text messages through my PC?

MatthewPaolucci, Nov 22, 2019
  4. TimStone Win User

Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC

Cortana, iPhone and Text messaging

No, you do not have this correct.

When I sent a text message with Cortana on my desktop, it sent it through my secondary Windows phone.

I want it to send text messages using my iPhone number.

I understand this feature is working with Cortana with Android. Is it possible to make it work with Cortana for iOS.

Many applications on the iPhone use my Microsoft Account. Therefore it would make sense that I should see the iPhone on the device list even if it is not a Microsoft product.

TimStone, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC

1. Viewing iPhone Text Message History on PC - Similar Threads - Viewing iPhone Text

2. Getting error message in View Reliability History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting error message in View Reliability History: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: bad_module_infoProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: bad_module_infoApplication Version: 0.0.0.0Application Timestamp: 00000000Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp:...
  3. Getting error message in View Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error message in View Reliability History: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: bad_module_infoProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: bad_module_infoApplication Version: 0.0.0.0Application Timestamp: 00000000Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp:...
  4. Getting error message in View Reliability History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Viewing iPhone pictures on my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing iPhone pictures on my Windows PC: Was it Apple or Microsoft who decided that when I view my iPhone pictures on a PC they are put in monthly folders?AND how do I change it?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-iphone-pictures-on-my-windows-pc/d347b179-a2d8-40b7-9f2a-c18e5eeed934
  6. Viewing iPhone pictures on my Windows PC

Viewing iPhone pictures on my Windows PC: Was it Apple or Microsoft who decided that when I view my iPhone pictures on a PC they are put in monthly folders?AND how do I change it?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-iphone-pictures-on-my-windows-pc/d347b179-a2d8-40b7-9f2a-c18e5eeed934
  7. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  8. Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone

Sending and receiving text messages on Win10 with an iPhone: Is there an app or a workaround that will allow me to send and receive text massages on Win 10 through my iPhone like Your Phone does with android devices?...
  9. Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi

in Windows 10 Support
    Send a text message from desktop to iphone over wifi: I would like to be able to message to my iPhone over home wifi, even if internet is off. Please advise. I can do this now by sending a text using email protocol, but it's too slow. I want something that is instantaneous. Thanks. 163222
  10. Backup iPhone text message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup iPhone text message: Hi all, this scumbag Coronavirus took my brother from me on Wednesday night. I guess I was lucky in that I was able to converse via text message during the previous days and as I'm sure you can imagine, I would be crushed if I lost these messages. Is there anything available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. text