Windows 10: viewing my desktop

Discus and support viewing my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my laptop no longer shows my desktop and all the icons, instead i have the full start up , how do i change it back??? it is the Yoga model, I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenBowden1, Feb 8, 2020.

1. viewing my desktop

my laptop no longer shows my desktop and all the icons, instead i have the full start up , how do i change it back???

it is the Yoga model, I changed into a tablet yesterday and its been like it ever since.

:)

KarenBowden1, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 8, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

viewing my desktop

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

viewing my desktop

1. viewing my desktop - Similar Threads - viewing desktop

2. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  3. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  4. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  5. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  6. i accidentally added too many desktops to my laptop and now i cant view the desktop to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally added too many desktops to my laptop and now i cant view the desktop to...: I added way to many and now im unable to view the task view so i cant delete them how can i delete them without using task view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-added-too-many-desktops-to-my/843908ec-d91b-42b8-9314-22fc74c1eec9
  7. i accidentally added too many desktops to my laptop and now i cant view the desktop to...

i accidentally added too many desktops to my laptop and now i cant view the desktop to...: I added way to many and now im unable to view the task view so i cant delete them how can i delete them without using task view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-added-too-many-desktops-to-my/843908ec-d91b-42b8-9314-22fc74c1eec9
  8. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on dropbox,...
  9. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on dropbox,...
  10. Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop

Strange Behavior Viewing Images On Desktop: This is really weird, I'll click on a desktop image, it opens and I'll see it for maybe 7 seconds, then it switches to another image on my desktop! Been happening maybe 3 months. It doesn’t happen if the images are in a folder. here's a video of it happening I put on...