Windows 10: Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent Windows update, I can no longer preview pdfs in Windows Explorer unless the default pdf reader is set to Edge. I prefer Adobe as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cheryl Shade, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

After a recent Windows update, I can no longer preview pdfs in Windows Explorer unless the default pdf reader is set to Edge. I prefer Adobe as my default pdf reader. I've checked the box in Abode to Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer, but preview still does not work. Has anyone had this issue?

:)

Cheryl Shade, Jun 28, 2019

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

1. Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Viewing pdfs Explorer

2. File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs: I have Windows 10, and use Edge to view my PDF Files. When I open File Explorer it takes a second to open, however, when I have the Preview Pane option on, it almost freezes.When I try to select a new file, it takes a while to respond and when using my keyboard arrows to go...
  3. File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs: I have Windows 10, and use Edge to view my PDF Files. When I open File Explorer it takes a second to open, however, when I have the Preview Pane option on, it almost freezes.When I try to select a new file, it takes a while to respond and when using my keyboard arrows to go...
  4. File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?: Windows 11 has stopped showing document size previews of pdf documents. This is most aggravating since I must look at contracts all day. Opening every document is a waste of time. Have you fixed this yet? I had to download Power Tools which does not have great resolution when...
  6. Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?

Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?: Windows 11 has stopped showing document size previews of pdf documents. This is most aggravating since I must look at contracts all day. Opening every document is a waste of time. Have you fixed this yet? I had to download Power Tools which does not have great resolution when...
  7. Search in Windows Explorer Windows 11 not finding pdfs

Search in Windows Explorer Windows 11 not finding pdfs: When I do a 'search' in Windows Explorer Windows 11, results for Microsoft documents Word, Excel, etc are discovered but not pdfs - even though I know the words are contained within the pdfs. Anyone got any suggestions? I've checked to make sure pdfs are selected in the...
  8. Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11: Hello,I recently upgraded by HP laptop to Windows 11 and am all of a sudden experiencing weird graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in a browser. The content of the PDF looks all swiss-cheesed and is only partially legible. I have attached a screenshot for an example. When I...
  9. Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11

Graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in browser in Windows 11: Hello,I recently upgraded by HP laptop to Windows 11 and am all of a sudden experiencing weird graphical glitches when viewing PDFs in a browser. The content of the PDF looks all swiss-cheesed and is only partially legible. I have attached a screenshot for an example. When I...
  10. Windows Explorer Views

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Views: Is there anyway to set up the views of a folder in Windows Explorer so that the view of one folder will be different than the view of another folder. I have shortcuts to folders on my desktop. If the folder shortcut is to a particular folder, I want the view Navigation...