Windows 10: Viewing People App Contacts in Outlook when none showing

Discus and support Viewing People App Contacts in Outlook when none showing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to create a CSV file from my Contacts list. I maintain my contacts list in People App and I understand from the Microsoft pieces I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JudyRobertsWilts, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Viewing People App Contacts in Outlook when none showing

I would like to create a CSV file from my Contacts list.

I maintain my contacts list in People App and I understand from the Microsoft pieces I have read, that this should automatically keep an up-to-date copy of contacts in my Outlook account, which I don't generally use.

I understand also that this is where I can go to create a CSV file of my Contacts. HOWEVER, I appear to have NO CONTACTS listed in the Outlook account. It's probably a sync error of some kind with a setting I need to change. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

[Moved from: Outlook.com / People and contacts / Restore or recover contacts]

:)

JudyRobertsWilts, Oct 23, 2020
  2. JDPrins41 Win User

Contacts not showing in People app on Windows 10 (PC and mobile) and Outlook app (iPad)

All my contacts from my Outlook.com account are not showing in the People app (mobile and PC) and not showing in the Outlook app on my iPad. Until 2 weeks ago they where in the People app (and iPad). I didn't change any settings. I still can see the contacts
    in Outlook 2016 and online in Outlook.com.

I also have an Office 365 account and all the contacts from that account are still visible in the People app.

I already tried these steps:

• I removed my Outlook.com account from my phone and PC and reinstalled it.
    • I checked the filter in the People app (Settings > Filter contact list).
    • Looked at Outlook.com but can't find any settings that are wrong
    I think the problem is in Outlook.com because I can't see the contacts on any device.

Any suggestions.

JDPrins41, Oct 23, 2020
  3. NMI
    NMI Win User
    Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app

FYI:

4. abredt Win User

Viewing People App Contacts in Outlook when none showing

Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Thanks.

Can you tell me where the Contacts are stored?

I also want to back up the Contacts.

In Outlook, People I clicked to Export to a File. It lists Contacts and 2 folders under it with long numerical filenames. What are these folders?

Thanks, cb

abredt, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Viewing People App Contacts in Outlook when none showing

1. Viewing People App Contacts in Outlook when none showing - Similar Threads - Viewing App Contacts

2. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  3. Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Contacts vs. People Contacts: Are the contacts in the People Pane of Outlook, the same as the contacts in the People program?I am really confused. Not sure if they both are part of the same program, or something separate from one another. And if they are separate, can sync together?...
  4. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  5. People app shows already deleted Skype contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app shows already deleted Skype contacts: Windows 10 is version 2004. People app is version 10.1909.10841.0. Contacts were deleted within Skype (Skype contact can't be deleted from People app by design). Is there any solution for this? I have been searching over internet for quite a long time with no luck so far....
  6. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  7. People App crashes when editing contacts

People App crashes when editing contacts: If I try to edit existing contacts in the People app it just closes. I can select a contact, and select the 'edit' button. When I hit the + symbol to e.g add a new phone number, People freezes for a few seconds and then closes. There is no error message....
  8. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  9. Contacts from People won't show up in Outlook 2016?

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts from People won't show up in Outlook 2016?: Hi, I have been trying to get a friend's contacts back working after his laptop died during the Creators update... He had been using Windows Live Mail and even with an intact hard drive I couldn't find his old contacts. Which is likely because he had NEVER exported them or...
  10. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder: I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book. The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty. I am the only user. Should the contacts...