Windows 10: Viewing Photos in Windows 10

Discus and support Viewing Photos in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems using the default photo viewer in windows 10. For one thing when I download a photo, I am not given any option on where to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txstoby, Aug 23, 2015.

1. txstoby Win User

Viewing Photos in Windows 10

I am having problems using the default photo viewer in windows 10. For one thing when I download a photo, I am not given any option on where to save the photo. When I get the photo to open, there is a band at the top of the page which covers part of the photo. I need a little help please

:)

txstoby, Aug 23, 2015

2. Viewing Photos in Windows 10

We upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Up until today, both Users on our home computer could view photos. This afternoon, one User (mine) can no longer open photo files. I can still see thumbnails but when I try to open a photo (.jpg) by double-clicking
    the image, I get a Windows message that the App is not available, and that I should follow the link provided to the Microsoft store. When I do, I am directed to download 'Microsoft Photos'. I seem to be able to download it but when I 'Install' it nothing happens
    and I still can't view photo images. and I attempt to download it but then get a message that I already have it. These second user does work and can view photos.

RandyCunningham225, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Viewing Photos in Windows 10

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue persists, then I suggest you to uninstall the Photo app and reinstall again and check if it helps to resolve your issue.

To uninstall Photo app follow the below steps:

1. Type Windows in the search box and right click on
    Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

2. Type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    on the PowerShell and hit Enter.

This will uninstall the Photo app and then you can reinstall the app from Windows Store.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Viewing Photos in Windows 10

Are you talking about downloading images from the web? If so, that is a function of your web browser. Some web browsers always save to a default location unless you change the setting to always ask where to save to.

MaximRecoil, Aug 23, 2015
  5. txstoby Win User
    Downloaded from an email or from a camera or phone.

txstoby, Aug 23, 2015
  6. I've never used a specialized application for such a thing. I just use Windows Explorer. For example, for a camera, it shows up as a drive and you can move/copy files to and from it the same as in any other folder (there may be cameras that don't work this way, though they all should work this way).

With a locally-installed email client, saving attachments is usually a function of Windows Explorer too. For example, if you save an attachment in Outlook 2007, it brings up this box:

Viewing Photos in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Which is the standard Windows Explorer save dialog box, the same one you'd get if you saved e.g. a text file in Notepad. Some programs do have their own unique save dialog boxes (such as programs which have unique save options, such as image editing software), though I've never seen an email client that does.

As for web-based email clients, saving an attachment is a function of your web browser. The two major third-party web browsers for Windows (Firefox and Chrome) both automatically save to a default location unless you change the setting to always ask where to save.

MaximRecoil, Aug 23, 2015
  7. txstoby Win User
    I know how to save in Windows 8 but 10 seems to be a different animal.

txstoby, Aug 23, 2015
  8. Viewing Photos in Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 and nothing is different from previous versions of Windows with regard to saving. Can you post a screenshot showing an example of what you're talking about?

MaximRecoil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Viewing Photos in Windows 10

1. Viewing Photos in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Viewing Photos

2. Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?: Hi, my name's Mario AustinI quote this support message in order to get supported and answers for my issues. I own a Laptop which specs are the followings: Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz, version 22H2, in addition, my pc is up to date.The reason of...
  3. Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?: Hi, my name's Mario AustinI quote this support message in order to get supported and answers for my issues. I own a Laptop which specs are the followings: Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz, version 22H2, in addition, my pc is up to date.The reason of...
  4. Why can't i view photo formats that beggins with "DSC"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?: I am downloading photos to my new laptop. Before having Windows 10, I was able to view my photos and edit them. No Problem.Now, I've put a lot of photos onto my new laptop and it's saying I have to BUY an extension just to view my photos and videos. Something that used to be...
  6. Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?

Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?: I am downloading photos to my new laptop. Before having Windows 10, I was able to view my photos and edit them. No Problem.Now, I've put a lot of photos onto my new laptop and it's saying I have to BUY an extension just to view my photos and videos. Something that used to be...
  7. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  8. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  9. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....
  10. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems viewing photos in windows 10

2. sedlauncher

3. viewing photos in windows 10