Windows 10: Viewing photos on Windows 10

Discus and support Viewing photos on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently had to re-install Windows 10 onto my desk-top and sadly one feature appears to have disappeared. Before the re-installation, if I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulPrior2, May 26, 2020.

1. Viewing photos on Windows 10

I recently had to re-install Windows 10 onto my desk-top and sadly one feature appears to have disappeared. Before the re-installation, if I wanted to quickly view my photos I simply right-clicked on the photo and I would be asked "open with" and a drop down would appear which gave me the option of being able to view the photo at full size but not in the full edit mode. Sadly I cannot recall the name of the option I was given but it included one very important feature: I was able to zoom the image to my preferred magnification and then scroll to the next photo and that same magnification would be maintained. This was extremely useful. Now the only viewing option that i am given, though excellent for editing, requires me to zoom back out every time I scroll to the next photo. This means I cannot compare zoomed images to select the better pics. A complete pain!! So, I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the photo-viewing option I have described and if so ... how do I get it back!!

Thanks

Paul

:)

PaulPrior2, May 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How to view photos in a Slideshow in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and press F5.

• You will be able to see the photos in slideshow.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
  4. Viewing photos on Windows 10

windows 10 photo download

Hi,

We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to check if there are any updates available for the Photos App and install the same and check for status.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Viewing photos on Windows 10

1. Viewing photos on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Viewing photos

2. Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?: I am downloading photos to my new laptop. Before having Windows 10, I was able to view my photos and edit them. No Problem.Now, I've put a lot of photos onto my new laptop and it's saying I have to BUY an extension just to view my photos and videos. Something that used to be...
  3. Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't view any photos I download/pull off my phone, please help?: I am downloading photos to my new laptop. Before having Windows 10, I was able to view my photos and edit them. No Problem.Now, I've put a lot of photos onto my new laptop and it's saying I have to BUY an extension just to view my photos and videos. Something that used to be...
  4. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  5. Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing

Windows 11 distorting the .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing: Hi. Windows 11 keeps distorting all of my .CR2 photos after 2 seconds of viewing. I have tried the powershell: Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell Admin.Now type in the command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  6. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....
  7. Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone

Unable to view photos transferred to PC from iPhone: Hi, I have some photos that I have transferred to my PC from my iphone. Now I cannot view them. I have tried opening them with HEIC Image Viewer Converter and this is the sort of message I get. I would be grateful for some suggestions. Many thanks....
  8. How to view with Windows Photo 11 photos .jpg received via email from another laptop PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view with Windows Photo 11 photos .jpg received via email from another laptop PC: HelloHaving received photos in regular .jpg format from another Windows laptop PC, I cannot open them on my laptop PC running windows 11 with Windows Photos, but I am stuck with following error message : "It appears that we don't support this file format".I already tried the...
  9. How to view with Windows Photo 11 photos .jpg received via email from another laptop PC

How to view with Windows Photo 11 photos .jpg received via email from another laptop PC: HelloHaving received photos in regular .jpg format from another Windows laptop PC, I cannot open them on my laptop PC running windows 11 with Windows Photos, but I am stuck with following error message : "It appears that we don't support this file format".I already tried the...
  10. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...