Windows 10: Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

Discus and support Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful. Windows 10 does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by machare, Jan 3, 2016.

1. machare Win User

Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful.

Windows 10 does not show this window. Is there a way to make it appear?

:)

machare, Jan 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 pro

I've reserved a copy of Windows 10 when the notification popped up. It is reserved and it is showing that the downloading is in progress.
    When I click the view download progress button in GWX app, it is simply turning off itself. I've also seen the GWX folder in the c:/windows/system32/ folder. What should I do to upgrade to Windows 10? Please suggest.

gufran_syed, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Emails downloaded on Windows 10 Mail app

Hi,

To answer your query, client-side backup is rarely needed when your account is with
    Outlook.com, Exchange Server, Gmail, or other modern progressive service
    because they are connected
    through a protocol that syncs email.
    However, you can do this work around to make a copy of the emails. Refer to the steps below.

1. Navigate to the following location:

C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\packages\microsoft.Windowscommunicationsapps\Localstate\Indexed\Livecomm\any folder name\any folder name\mail.

2. The app data folder in the above said location is a hidden folder. If you are unable to view, change the view options to show hidden files and check.

3. You will find folders in each folder in the mail folder (like inbox, sent, drafts). Open these folders and locate the folders that contains the emails.

4. Copy and paste these email files in the desired location. You will be able to open these files using any email applications.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

It seems to be a glitch in Build 11082, (if that's the Build you're running), no hint of a fix yet! *Sad

Edwin, Jan 3, 2016
  5. machare Win User
    Thank you. Yes it is that build. I do hope it gets fixed soon.

machare, Jan 3, 2016
  6. neveready Win User
    MS stated this was a bug when they released this build. Think they would have fixed known bugs before release.

neveready, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders - Similar Threads - Viewing progress copying

2. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  3. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  4. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  5. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  6. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File and Folder upload not progressing

File and Folder upload not progressing: hi, I am uploading my files manually in onedrive website and it doesnt progress even I have waited for 2 hours. There were no error message appeared. please refer to photo attached. [ATTACH]...
  8. How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead...

How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead...: How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead just useless "from Local Disk (F:) to DATA (D:)" ? "copying" progress window is useless if you initiate multiple copying sessions and one of them gets stuck as in the figure below. Then...
  9. Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders

Green progress bar - Working on it - problem when viewing folders: In Windows 10 When I open a folder I first get a blank screen with a green progress bar across the top and the message "Working On It" I have searched the internet and applied so many suggestions as a fix, but none of them stop the issue. From what I have seen, this has...
  10. Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files: Hi there big big problem --latest (preview) build - file explorer not showing progress when copying / moving files. This - unless fixed soon will cause me to revert to previous build. Anybody else got this or is it just something with my update. (W10 Pro X-64)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Working Progress Bar When Copying A Folder