Windows 10: Viewing Public/Shared Calendars

Discus and support Viewing Public/Shared Calendars in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you import a public calendar (with a URL) into the Window's 10 calendar app, NOT OUTLOOK?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DreaCN, Aug 5, 2018.

1. DreaCN Win User

Viewing Public/Shared Calendars

How do you import a public calendar (with a URL) into the Window's 10 calendar app, NOT OUTLOOK?

:)

DreaCN, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Mark Bu Win User

Viewing Shared Calendars

Hello Beth,

There is another thread (How to sync ALL shared Google Calendars to Windows 10
    Calendar app, show past entries beyond 30 days and search calendar button??
    ) where calisnoopy, provided the following information that has addressed similar issues for other users.

Found this link with the solution to adding/showing ALL Google shared/"other" calendars on your Windows 10 Calendar app for PC Viewing Public/Shared Calendars :)

How to Susbcribe or import Google Calendar to Windows 8

Just FYI, after I followed the steps, note that for some calendars, notably personal Google calendars shared to me originally by friends and family members, there may not be a "private ics" URL link when you click on "calendar settings" for that calendar on
    your Google Calendar webview...

You will have to request the owner of that Google Calendar shared with you to copy/paste and send it to you directly because trying the public ics URL link and trying to import/subscribe to it on the webview of Microsoft Outlook Calendar will give you an error
    message.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem!!!

Mark Bu, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Viewing Public/Shared Calendars

Viewing Shared Calendars

When I utilize the Windows 10 Calendar app on my computer, I am able to view all of my calendars, however, my husband shared his google calendar with me and I can view it from cell phone but I can not view it on the Windows 10 Calendar.

I've even tried deleting my google calendar and adding it back and still no luck.

Thank you,

BAKH

Beth AnnKosel, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Viewing Public/Shared Calendars

1. Viewing Public/Shared Calendars - Similar Threads - Viewing Public Shared

2. Microsoft calendar app view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft calendar app view: So many issues with the new calendar but let me start with the view problems I'm having. This is within the microsoft calendar app linked to my hotmail. I work from the month view and it used to be that if there were more events in the calendar for a particular day than were...
  3. Windows Calendar View Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Calendar View Error: I have bought a new computer recently with Windows 11 Pro installed, even when I feel comfortable with the environment of this OS, the Windows Calendar is a disaster the one located in the bottom right corner desk. As you will see on the first image attached, the windows...
  4. Windows Calendar View Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calendar View Error: I have bought a new computer recently with Windows 11 Pro installed, even when I feel comfortable with the environment of this OS, the Windows Calendar is a disaster the one located in the bottom right corner desk. As you will see on the first image attached, the windows...
  5. Restore monthly calendar view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore monthly calendar view?: When I click on the day/date in the lower right corner the calendar that pops up has started having the current date on the top line of the calendar instead of starting with the first day of the month. How do I get it to go back to showing the calendar by month?...
  6. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  7. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  8. View of week in calendar

View of week in calendar: Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to make the week view smaller? I can only see my schedule per day from 00:00-08:00 at a time and need to keep scrolling back and up and down in order to get an overview of how my entire week will look like. I would like to make the time...
  9. Public Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public Sharing: I have three machines on a wired home network, all running Windows 10 1909. All three are part of the same Workgroup, all three have Public Sharing turned on, yet Istill can't get this to work properly. Machine's One and Two won't show any other connected machines. Machine...
  10. sharing Public folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...