Windows 10: viewing recently downloaded documents

Discus and support viewing recently downloaded documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried downloading my taxes after e-filing. The HP pavilion asks what I want to do with them and I said save. But, when I go in to see them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VivianLyle, Mar 5, 2020.

1. viewing recently downloaded documents

I tried downloading my taxes after e-filing. The HP pavilion asks what I want to do with them and I said save. But, when I go in to see them, everything is unreadable....just gobblely gook. What is wrong.

:)

VivianLyle, Mar 5, 2020
  2. xfire Win User

Re-enabling recent documents

An update with auto-patcher disabled the recent documents under start menu in windows Xp. Any way to get it back?
    Also how can I set it to show only recently viewed text documents.

xfire, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

Hi,

Recent document option has been removed on Windows 10. Instead, on Windows 10 you have an option recent files. To access it, follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + E.
    • Under File Explorer, select Quick access.
    • Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 5, 2020
  4. viewing recently downloaded documents

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

viewing recently downloaded documents

1. viewing recently downloaded documents - Similar Threads - viewing recently downloaded

2. Recently Viewed Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recently Viewed Files: Hello, Today I have witnessed a RTC/road rage incident whereby the male has driven off without providing details. Police have been contacted and I have made them aware that...
  3. viewing downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    viewing downloads: I am not able to view my tax return download in windows 10. not happy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-downloads/6b431695-714b-4986-9f6e-09636c5ef177
  4. view of documents i download show a bunch of symbols

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    view of documents i download show a bunch of symbols: when I download images or pdf files online it appears on the word pad as a bunch of symbols. how can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-of-documents-i-download-show-a-bunch-of/6a7ffaea-da7b-4e16-9908-8f5a0fe0fb8e"
  5. Viewing 2 documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing 2 documents: I just connected a new monitor to my laptop and I am trying to view 2 different documents at a time to compare the 2. I went to display settings and it is on "extend view". I can drag my files from my desktop over to the new monitor but the screen is dark and only the files...
  6. View document properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    View document properties: I want to REMOVE the document Type column from the opening window list of items in each folder. How can I change this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-document-properties/ead525c4-7108-4b3b-b5d6-09e52b3191a6
  7. Downloading documents

Downloading documents: Since the last Windows update, if I download a document, it saves it as a web page link rather than as a pdf document on my computer. I can't save as or print to pdf. I don't know what's going on. I thought it was my avg as it was opening things in an avg browser. I got...
  8. recent document

recent document: I cannot find a word doc I worked on yesterday and saved in two places. I cannot find any tab that says "recent documents" Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-document/842b5589-d331-4572-91da-1ad14b6e3f81"
  9. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

Viewing documents stored on OneDrive: When I want to open & view one, particular document that is stored in OneDrive, must I download it first? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  10. Recent Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Documents: Is there was way to set up Win 10 so I can find /view recent documents as was the case in Win 7? 27016