Windows 10: Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

Discus and support Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is the a way to view the password for the wifi network I am already connected to? I signed off the network with my cell phone, cannot remember the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Captain90s, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

Is the a way to view the password for the wifi network I am already connected to? I signed off the network with my cell phone, cannot remember the password, and would like to avoid bothering the person who knows it. My laptop is connected to the network, but I can't seem to find a place where it would display the password?

:)

Captain90s, Oct 5, 2018
  2. legend383 Win User

"Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You should still be able to use NavyLCDR's second step without changing the WiFi password.

Bree, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Ddog666 Win User

Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

Viewing the WIFI network password in Windows 10

There's some instruction how to do it
    here.

Basically though, the wifi password can still be viewed via the network properties. I used to find it by right-clicking on my wifi connections and going to properties, but that feature appears to be gone.

Right click on your wifi symbol and select Open Network and Sharing Center. Then left-click on your active connection to open the Wireless Network Connection Status window. There you will see the Wireless Properties button. Click on that and you will see
    the password (after you unhide it).

Ddog666, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

1. Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks - Similar Threads - Viewing password currently

2. NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO SECURITY TAB To view Network Password: Windows 10Cannot login to my network and can't view my password.My attempt ....Control panelNetwork/InternetView and Sharing CenterClick on NetworkWi-Fi stats boxWireless propertiesBUT NO SECURITY TAB.please help.What am I doing wrong or not doing right?Thank you very much...
  3. Connect to a new wifi network with password on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to a new wifi network with password on Remote Desktop: As the title said, I am connecting to another remote PC through Remote Desktop, and I need to connect that PC to a new password protected wifi password. The problem is that once I click on Connect of the new network, my current connection is disconnected, and I cannot enter...
  4. Connect to a new wifi network with password on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to a new wifi network with password on Remote Desktop: As the title said, I am connecting to another remote PC through Remote Desktop, and I need to connect that PC to a new password protected wifi password. The problem is that once I click on Connect of the new network, my current connection is disconnected, and I cannot enter...
  5. wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections": *The connection shown in "connections" LAN through my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-enabled-but-does-not-show-any/3ad4dffd-fd70-4dc4-8d57-1adf0ca9a38a
  6. wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is enabled but does not show any networks in "current connections": *The connection shown in "connections" LAN through my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-enabled-but-does-not-show-any/3ad4dffd-fd70-4dc4-8d57-1adf0ca9a38a
  7. wifi network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  8. WIFI network password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIFI network password: How do I find my Wifi network password and change same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-password/3de13bd3-30a0-4a81-bcfe-71399895c0b3"
  9. Win 10 View Current Wifi Users

Win 10 View Current Wifi Users: Does Win 10 have the capability to show who is currently using my WiFi network? I read if I go to start, windows administrative tools, it might be buried in there somewhere......
  10. Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks

Viewing the password for currently connected Wifi networks: Is the a way to view the password for the wifi network I am already connected to? I signed off the network with my cell phone, cannot remember the password, and would like to avoid bothering the person who knows it. My laptop is connected to the network, but I can't seem to...