Windows 10: Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10

Discus and support Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Mac Pro here which I can dual-boot into Windows 10 in fact I tend to use Windows more often than MacOS !! The Mac Pro has 6 x Thunderbolt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johne53, Jan 23, 2020.

1. johne53 Win User

Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10

I have a Mac Pro here which I can dual-boot into Windows 10 in fact I tend to use Windows more often than MacOS !!

The Mac Pro has 6 x Thunderbolt ports though at the moment, I don't have any Thunderbolt devices. But when I open Windows Device Manager it doesn't show any devices saying "Thunderbolt". Do I need to install a Thunderbolt driver for them to show up - or are they called something else under Windows?

Or does Win10 simply not support them??

:)

johne53, Jan 23, 2020
  2. CharlesO3 Win User

Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

I have a new Alienware 15" laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I bought the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter. When I plug the monitor into the adapter and the adapter into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the laptop, a dialog box ("Approve Thunderbolt
    Devices") appears from asking me to approve the connection of the "Apple, Inc. Thunderbolt Display." When I select "Always Connect" or "Connect Only Once," nothing happens. When I go into "Managed Connected Devices" it is not connected. When I select "View
    Attached Devices," it shows the "Apple, Inc. Thunderbolt Display" is attached to Port 1. If I click on it, it says "Connection Status" is "Not connected." Clicking on "Not connected" reopens the dialog box to approve Thunderbolt devices as above. Again,
    when selecting either approval option, it does nothing.

I've searched the web for this problem many ways and all the advice basically just says to select "Always Connect" which isn't working in my case. Any help would be much appreciated.

CharlesO3, Jan 23, 2020
  3. mrkXXI Win User
    Windows 10 Display not Detected on MacbookPro via Thunderbolt MiniDisplay port

Hi,

I have the exact same issues with my Macbook Air and my MacBook Pro running Windows 10 via Bootcamp.

I have tried all the things you have listed above plus used different cables and TVs from various manufacturers and still did not manage to get anything to work.

Windows 10 ignores the displays I am trying to connect through the thunderbolt port, whether it is directly through a thunderbolt cable or a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. These displays do not show up in the device manager under the monitors heading either.

There is one detail though - in case I connect two monitors to my MacBook Pro, one through the HDMI port and one through the thunderbolt port, the display settings menu shows options for two displays and these two displays are are assigned a number from
    1 to 3 (e.g. 1 and 2, 2 and 3, 1 and 3), and I am only able to select the configurations that involve my internal laptop screen and the monitor I connect through the HDMI port. Hence it seems that the thunderbolt output is detected in some peculiar way, however
    Windows neither sends any video signal through the port nor manages to identify the monitor connected.

This issue was not present in Windows 8.1 in either of my laptops.

mrkXXI, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10

port COM and LPT in the Devices Manager are not appearing

Hi Luis,

I suggest you follow the steps to check for hidden devices, and check if it helps.

1.Press Windows + X and click on Device Manager.

2.Click on View menu and select Show hidden devices. See if this helps in getting the ports to list.

3. Expand the Ports under device manager. Uninstall any entries which appear grayed out, then restart.

4. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

If the issue persists, then I recommend you to install the latest drivers for your motherboard.

Do let us know the result.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10

1. Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Viewing Thunderbolt ports

2. Thunderbolt port is completely dead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt port is completely dead.: I noticed today that my Thunderbolt port was completely dead, no data or power. It worked before, no problem. It was showing up in Device Manager as having error code 28, no driver found. I tried everything, uninstalling and restarting, chipset drivers, I did a fresh install...
  3. Thunderbolt port- can it be used to charge the device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt port- can it be used to charge the device?: Hey there,My brother just got a new Dell Vostro as a gift, and the specs are pretty impressive.The device comes with a Thunderbolt port but I don't know the type.Yesterday after finishing the setup and leaving it in hibernation, the battery died. The adapter works and the...
  4. Thunderbolt port- can it be used to charge the device?

Thunderbolt port- can it be used to charge the device?: Hey there,My brother just got a new Dell Vostro as a gift, and the specs are pretty impressive.The device comes with a Thunderbolt port but I don't know the type.Yesterday after finishing the setup and leaving it in hibernation, the battery died. The adapter works and the...
  5. Thunderbolt port- can it be used to charge the device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.: Hello, I want to validate a product that I have bought which was was advertised a Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Is there any useful technical information on via Thunderbolt via Device Manager -> Device Connections?I see .. one of the network adapter connected to the TB Doc it is linked...
  7. How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.

How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.: Hello, I want to validate a product that I have bought which was was advertised a Thunderbolt 3 Dock. Is there any useful technical information on via Thunderbolt via Device Manager -> Device Connections?I see .. one of the network adapter connected to the TB Doc it is linked...
  8. How do I identify Thunderbolt Device in Device Manager.

9. Thunderbolt ports stopped functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Thunderbolt ports stopped functioning: Hello, First post in this forum, thank you for having me. I am not very computer savvy so bear with me. :) I'm running Windows 10 v 1809, build 17763.864. I record audio into my laptop, into Pro Tools, through a Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII. The Apollo uses Thunderbolt;...
  10. Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10: I have a new Alienware 15" laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I bought the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter. When I plug the monitor into the adapter and the adapter into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the laptop, a dialog box ("Approve Thunderbolt Devices") appears...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbolt device manager

2. thunderbolt in device manager

3. where to find thunderbolt in device manager

4. find thunderbolt in device manager,
  5. check thuderbolt connection win 10,
  6. thunderbolt 3 port device manager,
  7. thunderbolt manager,
  8. how to check if thunderbolt port is working windows 10,
  9. how to identify thunderbolt port in Device Manager,
  10. finding the thunder bolt connection under bootcamp,
  11. thunderbolt 3 in device manager,