Windows 10: Viewing Video Codecs Efficiently (Windows Explorer or Program)

Discus and support Viewing Video Codecs Efficiently (Windows Explorer or Program) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to convert a large amount of video files to one codec (HEVC/x265). The problem is, I have some that are HEVC already, and many that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chris14020, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Viewing Video Codecs Efficiently (Windows Explorer or Program)

I am trying to convert a large amount of video files to one codec (HEVC/x265). The problem is, I have some that are HEVC already, and many that are various other codecs. Is there any way to add a "Codec" column to Windows Explorer detail view to view what codec a file uses? I could also settle for a program that'd output entirely what codec each file in a directory uses (in an output summary file or in an explorer-window-type thing), if this is not possible. I know of software like MediaInfo, GSpot, etc., but it'd be extremely tedious to load each file, one at a time, into these. Thanks for any help you can provide! I tried r/VideoEditing, but they recommended me here since it's potentially specific to the OS.

submitted by /u/chris14020
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chris14020, Dec 11, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Crash

Does this happen when explorer is viewing files in different video formats and you have different codecs playing them?

WhiteLotus, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Unable to view or download videos from websites

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

• Did you make any specific hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular website?
    Internet Explorer 11 comes with the latest version of flash player pre-installed. So, the issue may rest with the particular page having compatibility issues with the Internet Explorer or there may be an issue with the flash
    player configuration settings in Internet Explorer. Hence, I would suggest you to try the following diagnostic steps to get started in the correct direction and check if the issue persists:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try opening the page in the compatibility view and check if you are able to view the video.

Fix site display problems with Compatibility View

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Try the additional steps provided in the following link.

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Method 3:

As slightly mentioned in the Method 2, make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Tap or click the Tools button
    • In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
    • Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.
    • Shockwave Active X Control
    • Shockwave Flash Object
    • Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
    • Windows Media Player
    Having done the above steps, check if the websites are functioning properly.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Dec 11, 2019
  4. A Eber Win User

Viewing Video Codecs Efficiently (Windows Explorer or Program)

codec needed to view videos after update

i attached a screen shot to my original post. when I start to play videos in the photo app it is asking for addition codec to be install and show a link to the app store. I purchased a codec and the videos play but this only has happend since installing
    the latest windows update. it seems that any video that was uploaded from an iphone 8plus i am no longer able to view.

the videos play normal through the windows video app but when viewed in the photo app they do not play. why would i need to purchase an additional codec to play videos I have always been able to play.

A Eber, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Viewing Video Codecs Efficiently (Windows Explorer or Program)

1. Viewing Video Codecs Efficiently (Windows Explorer or Program) - Similar Threads - Viewing Video Codecs

2. Missing video codecs for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing video codecs for Windows 11: I've recently got a new laptop with W11 on. Mostly, things are fine, but on some videos that I play, when I choose to jump forward, it becomes scrambled for a few seconds before getting right again. I presume I'm missing a codec, but my player VLC and when looking if my...
  3. Missing video codecs for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing video codecs for Windows 11: I've recently got a new laptop with W11 on. Mostly, things are fine, but on some videos that I play, when I choose to jump forward, it becomes scrambled for a few seconds before getting right again. I presume I'm missing a codec, but my player VLC and when looking if my...
  4. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  5. video codecs

video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  6. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  7. VP9 Video Codec

VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  8. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  9. ?Codec? to watch video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?Codec? to watch video: I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help me to put this on my computer please....
  10. Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10

Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10: As the title says how would I go about doing this. I really messed stuff up and it was cause I was trying to solve Indeo video drivers. I know I can do it with command prompt etc... I was still having a issue with the game it turns out the game has an issue cause of how its...