Windows 10: Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive

Discus and support Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am looking to view video files on my XBOX 1 and smart TV's that I have stored on a external hard drive that is connected to my windows 10 PC. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M7A0S8T8E5R, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive

I am looking to view video files on my XBOX 1 and smart TV's that I have stored on a external hard drive that is connected to my windows 10 PC.

I can view the files that are on my PC from these devices but cannot view the files contained on my external hard drive. I have shared the HDD and subsequent sub folders where the files are located, but it still does not show on my devices.

Any help would be welcomed as I have spent the last few hours attempting to resolve with Google searches and have come up empty handed.

Thank you.

:)

M7A0S8T8E5R, Feb 7, 2021

2. saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive

Unable to play video from external hard drive Error 0x80004005

HI Josep,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to watch videos which are stored in computer and online?
    • Are you able to view photos and documents etc. from hard drive?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshooting on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all and click on Video playback.
    • Click on Advance and check Apply repairs automatically.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    By running this troubleshooter it will find and fix issue with playing movies, television and video. Do let us know if you are able to play videos from external hard drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive

1. Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Viewing Video Files

2. Continuous Corruption To Video Files On External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continuous Corruption To Video Files On External Hard Drives: I have had an external hard drive of 4 TB (Western Digital) filled with video files that are of average 5 GBs each , lately I got to realize it started sustaining corruptions where suddenly some of the files become 0 KB for no reason as even I have not accessed them lately ....
  3. Viewing files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing files on external hard drive: I'm trying to view the files on my external hard drive My Passport for Mac using a Windows 10 laptop. I can see the drive and the Properties but I can't view the files. It is telling me to right click the hard drive icon but that doesn't help. What is the easiest way to...
  4. Tryin to view videos clips from external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tryin to view videos clips from external drive: I am trying to view video clips from external drive from Free Agent Drive and it says this " Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." How can I view this video as...
  5. Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive: Hi, So I just recently got a 5 TB external hard drive, and with the Mylio photo sharing app was able to sync all of my photos and videos together between the external hard drive, my Windows 10 laptop, and the phone itself. I have 2 issues. Firstly, if I am in the app...
  6. Restoring Files From An External Hard Drive

Restoring Files From An External Hard Drive: So I had to send in my previous laptop for repair and backed up my critical files and programs prior to sending it off. Glad I did so, since the folks doing the repairs, totally borked it. I got my warranty refund and purchased a new laptop. Problems have arisen though, in...
  7. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  8. view files&folder from a removed hard drive

view files&folder from a removed hard drive: Hi I have a computer which cannot boot. I cannot repair, restore, recover. I remove the hard drive and placed in an enclosure and attached to an another computer. I can see files and folders from users and public but not from my account under my name when i signed in to...
  9. files on external hard drive

files on external hard drive: Hi, This a bit complicated We had a PC crash last year & PC world downloaded all our files on our Maxtor external hard drive now I want to put all our pictures/ photos back on & if I click on the file & find 'send' it only offers to send the file to Docs or shortcut to...
  10. Saving a Video to External Hard Drive

Saving a Video to External Hard Drive: I have many video that I made in the past and are saved under "Videos" But, now Windows 10 is using a Video Editor programme within photos, I have made a video as a Titled Video Project there but cannot integrate it with all my previous Videos or transfer it to the hard...