Windows 10: viewing windows side by side

Discus and support viewing windows side by side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I have two open windows showing and I right-click on the taskbar and select "Show windows side by side" one of the windows is placed above the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DevinXM, Jan 28, 2019.

1. DevinXM Win User

viewing windows side by side

When I have two open windows showing and I right-click on the taskbar and select "Show windows side by side" one of the windows is placed above the other one (similar to the "show windows stacked" command, but without widening the windows to the full width of the screen).

Why doesn't the "Show windows side by side" command place the windows side by side?

:)

DevinXM, Jan 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 28, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. viewing windows side by side - Similar Threads - viewing side side

2. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  3. Side by SIde error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by SIde error: Hi, I am getting side by side error while running any program on windows 10. error is "Application has failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect. Event log is showing below detailsActivation context generation failed for "System Default Context"....
  4. side by side configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    side by side configuration: the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/375110d8-05d1-4c69-8ecc-087f88676162
  5. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  6. side-by-side configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side-by-side configuration: side-by-side config error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/side-by-side-configuration/ee553de1-1bfe-4987-ad58-c596b29795c4
  7. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  8. Side by side function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side by side function: I want an excel and a word file to be side by side. When I use the side by side function I get vertical and about one eighth size. I have used this function in Windows 7 but I now have Windows 10 and it doesn't work....
  9. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  10. Side by side windows

Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0