Windows 10: Viewing within Folders

Discus and support Viewing within Folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two views of folders shown below. [img] [img] The top image is how I want to see the inside of folders. How do I go from the bottom image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Aug 6, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

Viewing within Folders

I have two views of folders shown below.

Viewing within Folders [​IMG]

Viewing within Folders [​IMG]

The top image is how I want to see the inside of folders. How do I go from the bottom image to the top image?

Thanks

:)

huffman, Aug 6, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Aug 6, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 6, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

Viewing within Folders

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Viewing within Folders

1. Viewing within Folders - Similar Threads - Viewing within Folders

2. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  3. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images: I am trying to be able to view all files within a folder in Explorer as images so I can view all of them at once without having to click each one open....
  4. How to view all the files within a folder in Explorer as images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once: I used to use a sort command when trying to view all files across a bunch of folders at once. It makes sorting files easier. I do know part of the command was written as not sort kind, I may even have the word order off slightly however I am unable to remember which parts...
  6. Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command to view all files within a group of folders all at once: I used to use a sort command when trying to view all files across a bunch of folders at once. It makes sorting files easier. I do know part of the command was written as not sort kind, I may even have the word order off slightly however I am unable to remember which parts...
  7. desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop folder within a desktop folder within a desktop folder: Through transferring data from one computer to another, I've ended up with multiple desktop folders inside of the desktop folder inside of file explorer. Combining those folders seems to be a bit of a task and one drive seems complicate this issue. 171578
  8. Files within Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files within Folder: When transferring numbered files into a folder they were entered out of sequence. It there a way to move the files into sequence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-within-folder/7a31db01-f717-4311-b6da-5c631a22b3c6"
  9. Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer folder missing within the spool folder within system32: I've been following the instructions on resetting a printer and deleting the print queue. It said delete the contents of the PRINTER folder within spool folder located in the system32 folder and not to delete the folder itself. Only the PRINTER folder isn't there and may...
  10. Sort within folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort within folders: Windows 10 anniversary version. When I sort "by date" within a folder that contains many subfolders, the sub folders are all at the top and I need to scroll down quite a bit before I come to the most recent file - which is what I really want to find. That's a nuisance....