Windows 10: Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender

Discus and support Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I have Vipre Advanced Security and Windows Defender run ok... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sheila411, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Sheila411 Win User

Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender

Can I have Vipre Advanced Security and Windows Defender run ok

:)

Sheila411, Nov 23, 2018

2. vipre security system

The correct way to remove most Anti-virus programs is from within its program group Uninstall shortcut in

Start Menu > All Programs
    or by using
    Apps & features in Windows 10
    or
    Programs and Features
    (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel
    as explained here. If it's not listed there, the next step would be to open Window's
    Explorer, manually navigate to the program's folder itself, look for an uninstaller file (i.e. uninstall.exe) and double-click on it to run. In other cases you may have to
    launch the antivirus setup (installation) file and
    in the menu there may be options listed to Reinstall, Repair, or
    Remove (uninstall). Be sure to reboot the computer when done.

Sometimes the uninstall works more effectively if you first stop and disable the
    program's service
    (and associated processes in Task Manager) or perform the removal in

safe mode
    so there are less processes which can interfere with the uninstallation.

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 23, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Vipre Internet Security 2013

@ HSN (Home Shopping Network)
    Vipre Lifetime 5-PC License Digital Download Security Suite with Lifetime Service

Retail value: $124.99
    HSN price: $69.95

$49.95 You save $20.00 today!
    or 2 FlexPays of $24.98

S&H: $5.95

Spoiler System Requirements - Vipre Antivirus

Operating System: Windows 8, Windows XP SP2+ (32- & 64-bit), Windows 2003 Server SP1+ (32- & 64-bit), Windows Vista, Vista SP1+ (32- & 64-bit), Windows 7 (32- & 64-bit), Windows Server 2008+ (32- & 64-bit)

Processor: 1GHz

Memory: 512MB

Hard Drive: 300MB available space

Port: USB

System Requirements - Vipre Internet Training & Registry Cleaner

Operating System: 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows 8, Windows XP SP2+, Windows Vista, Vista SP1+, Windows 7

Browser Support: Windows Chrome 17.0+, FireFox 2+, Internet Explorer 6+

Memory: 512MB (1GB of memory recommended)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

Personal Observation/Opinion:

I have been trying out Vipre Internet Security for a couple of months now.
    I have not done any actual tests, so this is just observation and opinion.

It has not been to intrusive, has regular definition updates (like three or more a day), and works with Windows 8.1 (version 6.2.4.7) with no noticed anomalies.
    It is a pretty simple interface and easily (for me) configurable.
    It has stopped all (so far) baddies I have come accross.
    You may need to adjust the web page blocking and spam filtering to suit your needs.

However, if, you want a lifetime licensed solutions... this one seems to be a decent deal.

You can get a 30 day trail version and test it for yourself, if you wish to.

95Viper, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender

Windows Defender and Vipre

Hello. I am wondering if I have Vipre installed on my laptop do I need Window Defenders? Thank you.

M. PamVarone, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender

1. Vipre Advanced Security vs Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Vipre Advanced Security

2. Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Windows 10 Defender effectiveness ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Essentials vs. Windows 10 Defender effectiveness ?: The Norton subscription expired on my Windows 7 HTPC & I installed Microsoft Security Essentials. I noticed the Antivirus & Antispyware definitions were the same version as the latest security intelligence update for Windows 10 Microsoft Defender....
  3. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

Windows Defender vs. Windows Security: I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other? Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date. Thank you. 150810
  4. Windows Defender vs. Windows Security

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender vs. Windows Security: I've not often noticed the icon on the taskbar for Windows Defender. Today I found the title for it says Windows Security no Windows Defender. What is the difference between the two? Is one better that the other? Am running W10 ver. 1909 up to date. Thank you. 150810
  5. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NORTON Security vs Windows Defender: I am a Windows 10 OS user. Quite happy with it's performance. However, since the very recent update 1903, I am facing slowing down of my system. I am not an IT expert but a learned user. I am being advised to remove the Norton Security system, which is a licensed version...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center with Advanced Security: What is this? (see below)

Windows Defender Security Center with Advanced Security: What is this? (see below): Today I am cleaning up the Inbound Rules for Windows Firewall. At the top section of those Rules, I found quite a few items similar to these: Name Group Profile Enabled Action Override Program Local Address Remote Address Protocol Local Port Remote Port Authorized Users...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -- Connection Security Rules

Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -- Connection Security Rules: I have a scenario that is really confusing me. I recently switched from a 3rd party personal firewall provider to using Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. I'm not very familiar with it so I decided to do some experimenting. I wanted to play with Connection...
  8. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite: Good morning all! I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade. Windows Defender is doing its thing (I'm sure), but now I'm looking for thoughts on these two AV programs that are both available free to me....
  9. Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender

Security Essentials vs. Windows Defender: I have been running Win10 for a couple of years now and have depended on Windows Defender as my anti-virus protection along with Malware Bytes. So far no problems. While surfing this morning a came across an articled which implied Defender alone needed the company of Windows...
  10. Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security: I've got Kaspersky KIS 2016 installed on Win10 and have turned (or tried to turn) Windows Defender off via Group Policy. It even says it's bee turned off. But Speccy v1.28.709 says: Windows Defender Windows Defender Enabled Firewall Firewall Enabled Display Name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vipre vs windows defender

2. windows defender vs vipre

3. vipre vs windows defender windows 10

4. vipre antivirus vs windows defender,
  5. vipre firewall conflict windows to,
  6. which is better windows defender or vipre,
  7. vipre advanced security versus windows defender 2018,
  8. vipre advanced security versus windows defender,
  9. viper advanced security vs windows defender,
  10. viper vs norton,
  11. use vipre internet security of windows defender,