Windows 10: virgin super hub 3

Discus and support virgin super hub 3 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi as any one using the hub 3 from virgin media in England if so is it as bad as they say thanks if you can help. 83133 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnyjohn, Apr 28, 2017.

1. johnyjohn Win User

virgin super hub 3

Hi as any one using the hub 3 from virgin media in England if so is it as bad as they say thanks if you can help.

:)

johnyjohn, Apr 28, 2017
  2. jonian61 Win User

wi-fi signal is weak

original title: Wi-Fi

my wi-fi signal is very weak with 3 users on my virgin super hub

jonian61, Apr 28, 2017
  3. DHCP client not working properly

Windows 10 64 bit, Virgin Media Super Hub 2ac, ethernet

Today the PC lost its connection. The Virgin hub needs a dynamic IP address, in the format 192.168.0.x, and ipconfig shows 192.168.2.1. The DHCP client properties show it's on automatic, but all the options are greyed out so can't be changed. I tried starting
    DHCP from command prompt but system says it's already running. Tried resetting winsock and IPv4. Still no internet. Odd though that Virgin tech can see from their end that the PC is connected to the hub. How do I restart DHCP?

Majikthyse, Apr 28, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

virgin super hub 3

Not sure what you mean by hub 3.
    I have been with Virgin using Vivid Fibre on an 100mbs package for a couple of years, my opinion reliable and does what it says on the tin.

Have just upgraded to Virgin Vivid Fibre 200mbs a week ago.....see attachment....this uses a different router or hub.

Added note my latest router is indeed hub 3

dencal, Apr 28, 2017
  5. johnyjohn Win User
    Thanks for the reply just one more question do you leave your hub or router on all the time or turn it off at night thanks .

johnyjohn, Apr 28, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    I leave it on all the time because am wirelessly setup to 6 other devices....Surface Pro 4, Sony PlayStation, Sky TV, Internet Radio, Miracast Computer to TV and MSI Gaming laptop...last but not least Speakers....don't fancy setting them all up each and every day.

dencal, Apr 28, 2017
  7. thats crazy fast, I thought my bt infinity giving 60 down was good but this blows it out the water! I'm very resistant to change especially upsetting a reliable router and network setup with various access points also hard wired in. Do you ever find yourself having to power cycle the hub/router to clear out the gremlins every now and then? I presume it's a combined router/modem? Is it easy to tinker with things like changing the IP address range and assigning static internal IP addresses to specific devices? Does it have any USB ports for adding USB hard drives? At the moment I have a separate modem and router (I use a netgear 3700 as I hate the bt home hub) - it's rock solid and never needs restarting which is why I resist changing things up especially as I really dislike bt giving me a new external IP which tends to happen on a reboot of the router or modem and causes me lots of hassle.

Scottyboy99, Apr 29, 2017
  8. Steve C Win User

virgin super hub 3

I can't make any sense of your 'question'.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

virgin super hub 3

1. virgin super hub 3 - Similar Threads - virgin super hub

2. Virgin Media Hub 5 won't connect to Canon wireless printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virgin Media Hub 5 won't connect to Canon wireless printer.: Recently upgraded my Virgin Media account and received a Hub 5 router. No problems connecting laptop, tablet or mobile to network, but my Canon M495 printer won't connect. what am I doing wrong and is there any cure for this?...
  3. Virgin Media Hub 5 won't connect to Canon wireless printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virgin Media Hub 5 won't connect to Canon wireless printer.: Recently upgraded my Virgin Media account and received a Hub 5 router. No problems connecting laptop, tablet or mobile to network, but my Canon M495 printer won't connect. what am I doing wrong and is there any cure for this?...
  4. USB 3 hub connects and reconnects frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 hub connects and reconnects frequently: Hi All, I have an office laptop HP Elitebook 840 G5 running Windows 10 Enterprise with Windows 21H1 update. My USB 3.0 hub (with external keyboard and mouse) connected to it disconnects and connects back frequently. This leaves me with no keyboard/mouse from time to time...
  5. Intalling existing printer with a new Virgin broadband hub

Intalling existing printer with a new Virgin broadband hub: After having to replace my Virgin Hub, I have tried via computer settings to get my HP 2540 printer scanner to print from my laptop I have now uninstalled the printer and asked the computer to rediscover it but I had to put name in manually. It...
  6. im a tech virgin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    im a tech virgin: Does windows security/defender have a built in ad blocker or is it just anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-a-tech-virgin/83bd707d-d247-4850-9760-6bb30479a1b8"
  7. UK Virgin Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UK Virgin Media: VM are promising their UK customers 1gbs BB during the coming year. It will require a new router when it happens. I had not long ago installed a new router so it might be one thats 'ready'. At present I m on nearly 400mbs. I understand this has already started on the south...
  8. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  9. USB 3 hub interferes with boot

in Windows 10 Support
    USB 3 hub interferes with boot: With powered USB 3 hub plugged into power, Win 10 does not boot at all. Unplug power to USB hub (usb connections still there), boot is normal. Plug in power to USB hub after boot starts is fine. What is this? Thanks. Peter 134831
  10. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...