Windows 10: VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware

Discus and support VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft’s MSERT tool finds this malware on my PC.It says it has removed it but the Firewall-Router-Gateway finds an infected PC.This is known as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Groucho1943, May 15, 2022.

1. VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware

Microsoft’s MSERT tool finds this malware on my PC.It says it has removed it but the Firewall-Router-Gateway finds an infected PC.This is known as VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware and I know of no way to remove it.Any assistance will be appreciated.

:)

Groucho1943, May 15, 2022

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hi there.

Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus:
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions:

a) Is it a memory-resident malware?

b) Is it launched in my computer startup?

c) Or is it activated when I run some software. How can I know which software is launching it? I guess that MSERT must know.

d) Where it is located?

e) How can I delete it?

f) FINALLY.......IS IT DANGEROUS? (For example, Is my computer safe to use it with my credit card payments)

Regards

Hernán Covarrubias

Mobile: +569 9870 3539

Private mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hernan Cova, May 15, 2022
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hello I am an independent advisor for the Microsoft community. I did a quick search and found that this isn't actually a virus, it's actually Windows Defender notifying you about your settings. Here is the page with more info:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/ma...

Abraham Andres Luna, May 15, 2022
  4. ChNew Win User

VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Looks like Microsoft has updated the entry on their security site - this is a catch to reconfigure real-time detection if it has been disabled. Below is what is listed on MS's site now:

Summary

This detection is for suboptimal configurations that may prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from functioning properly.

If you see this detection, a suboptimal configuration was detected, and Windows Defender Antivirus will auto-heal by automatically resetting to more secure configurations.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds.../DefenderTamperingRestore&ThreatID=2147741622

ChNew, May 15, 2022
Thema:

VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware

1. VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore malware - Similar Threads - VIRTOOL Win32DefenderTamperingRestore malware

2. Msert and Virtool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Msert and Virtool: I have virtool win33 defender tampering restore msert says it has removed it but it is still very much there. The power shell values are false due to Kaspersky being installed. The malware always returns....
  3. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  4. MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin: My PC is infected with pernicious malware of a hacker, probably a rootkit that alters the hidden System Volume Information folder and attacks the Windows Defender system. The hacker controls my PC and makes changes to it. He also controls my android smartphone and my iPhone....
  5. MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT and VIRTOOL Defender Tampering and Remote Admin: My PC is infected with pernicious malware of a hacker, probably a rootkit that alters the hidden System Volume Information folder and attacks the Windows Defender system. The hacker controls my PC and makes changes to it. He also controls my android smartphone and my iPhone....
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE

WINDOWS DEFENDERE NOT WORKING. VirTool 32 Defender tampering MALWARE: I Look forward to get Help from this communityThe methods all I have used to get this issue solved so farIt would be better if you do not suggest me any of the these methods again1I have run malwarebytes and MS Safescan to remove this virus and it has not solved the issue.2 I...
  7. VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.

VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.: Hello I have been getting this message every time I start up or restart my computer I see people getting help on this issue and would also really appreciate help as well....
  8. Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d

Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d: What is this ?????? It making my computer speed damn slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-virtool-win32-exclude-poc-d/02324526-38af-4abc-941b-4fa0bd63ba69
  9. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  10. How to get Virtools to work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Virtools to work on Windows 10: Greetings! I have a Virtools player file (.vmo extension) that I'm trying to open and have work. Whenever I try to open the file in Google Chrome, it says that the pluggin is not supported. When I try to open the file with Internet Explorer 11, or in Internet Explorer 7 Dev...