Windows 10: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Discus and support VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On a W7 PC this is a false positive produced when you run Windows Defender Offline. Using a (USB). Do not waste time in trying to resolve this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlenProuty, Oct 23, 2019.

1. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

On a W7 PC this is a false positive produced when you run Windows Defender

Offline. Using a (USB).

Do not waste time in trying to resolve this "Severe"Virus.

Recent W7 WDO definitions, mistakenly recognize HKLM\Software\Policies\

Microsoft\Windows Defender\DisableAntiSpyware with Dword = 1 as this Virus.

Windows Defender in Windows 7 is not an antivirus program. And is turned

"OFF" in most W7 PCs. The "DisableAntiSpyware" = 1 is what turned it off.

Once again W10 policies conflict with the W7 OS. We can't expect any

resolution for this anomaly, at this late stage. Just be aware that if you

run across this situation, it is nothing to be concerned about.

By the way, another W10 policy has apparently made it impossible to

create a complete WDO USB, which includes the WDO program. Definitions

can still be added, but if you create the WDO program, at the same time,

while using the Mssstool, you will encounter "Definitions Out Of Date" when

you try to run the program. Of course, most PCs have no internet connectivity

when booted to the USB. Therefore, you cannot satisfy the request to update.

If you have WDO on a USB that works, hang on to it. And do not "format"

before using the Mssstool to update definitions. This is another problem

that we should not expect Microsoft to resolve. W7 is over the hill!!

Regards, Glen

:)

GlenProuty, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Oct 23, 2019
  3. ChNew Win User
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Looks like Microsoft has updated the entry on their security site - this is a catch to reconfigure real-time detection if it has been disabled. Below is what is listed on MS's site now:

Summary

This detection is for suboptimal configurations that may prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from functioning properly.

If you see this detection, a suboptimal configuration was detected, and Windows Defender Antivirus will auto-heal by automatically resetting to more secure configurations.

Threat description search results - Microsoft Security Intelligence

ChNew, Oct 23, 2019
  4. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

JasonS_CCS, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

1. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore - Similar Threads - VirTool Win32 DefenderTamperingRestore

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  4. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  5. VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.

VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.: Hello I have been getting this message every time I start up or restart my computer I see people getting help on this issue and would also really appreciate help as well....
  6. Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d

Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d: What is this ?????? It making my computer speed damn slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-virtool-win32-exclude-poc-d/02324526-38af-4abc-941b-4fa0bd63ba69
  7. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  8. How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?

How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?: The Microsoft anti-virus detects it but can't remove it. I tried running every scan but that didn't work. I tried updating Windows but that didn't work either. I tried third-party anti virus but still didn't work. Sometimes my anti-virus detects it and sometimes it doesn't....
  9. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...
  10. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender: Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however. Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtool:win32/defendertamperingrestore

2. windows defender Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

3. virtool:win32/defendertamperingrestore windows 10

4. virtool:win32/defender tamperingrestore,
  5. Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore ,
  6. virtool win32 defender tampering restore,
  7. VIRTOOL:Win32\DefenderTamperingRestore womdows 7 laptop,
  8. what does it mean when it says threat detected virtool,
  9. virtool win32 defendertamperingrestore,
  10. virtool:win32/defendertamperingrestore microsoft support windows10,
  11. msert VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore,