Windows 10: Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows

Discus and support Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; More interesting is how to shrink it of course. Both increasing and decreasing disk size are covered in the VirtualBox documentation though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by lx07, Feb 15, 2016.

1. lx07 Win User

Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows

More interesting is how to shrink it of course.

Both increasing and decreasing disk size are covered in the VirtualBox documentation though thankfully.

:)

2. Can we remove any Microsoft app from windows 10 mobile phone ? Or, can the size on mobile be reduced ?

Please look at the screenshot of my Microsoft 540 mobile sorted by app sizes. Can I reduce any of these by size so as to free another 200 MB space? Or, can I remove any of them ?
    Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows [​IMG]

moumitagayen, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Product key missing?

yes i'm using admin account now & still didn't get my key
    Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows [​IMG]

amanjainTC, Feb 15, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

probably an EASIER way is to use your standard backup software like macrium reflect.

There are 4 alternatives here - works for VMware VM's too.

1) increase partition size (on same virtual HDD)
    2) decrease partition size (on same virtual disk)
    3) increase total Virtual HDD size
    4) decrease total Virtual HDD size

For all 4 options backup your VM first with say a program like macrium reflect to external media (USB HDD or whatever).

for options 1, 2 download something like GPARTED / Partition manager -- you need the ISO. Set your VM to boot from the ISO and simply alter partition size (just like a REAL OS). You strictly speaking don't need to backup the VM first - but better safe than sorry --especially if you use the VM a lot.

For options 3 and 4 -- delete the VM's from disk -- create a new one specifying the HDD size you want and choose Manually install OS -- don't use any automatic GUEST creation wizards. Now set the VM to boot from an ISO of your backup / restore program --Macrium reflect is usually a good one.

Restore the OS -- you can attach the USB external drive where the backup is stored.

Job done and you have a decent backup too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows - Similar Threads - Virtual Box ●

2. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  3. Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives: I got a new 1TB SSD 952GB usable to replace an old 1TB HDD 931GB usable for storing things, and moved all the files over. Both are formatted as NTFS with 4k allocation sizes.I don't remember the exact details of what I had before the transfer, but one of my folders with many...
  4. Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives: I got a new 1TB SSD 952GB usable to replace an old 1TB HDD 931GB usable for storing things, and moved all the files over. Both are formatted as NTFS with 4k allocation sizes.I don't remember the exact details of what I had before the transfer, but one of my folders with many...
  5. Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Increase size of search window

in Cortana
    Increase size of search window: Hello, I am facing the issue of getting a search box like this [ATTACH] But I want it like this [ATTACH] can You please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-size-of-search-window/15e46f98-73f3-47e7-9698-2ba92af396aa
  7. Disk drive size increasing automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk drive size increasing automatically: My disk drive size is increasing automatically. Part of that can be attributed to Windows Updates, but majorly it is happening because myC:\Users folders size is increasing everyday. What could be the possiblereasons and solutions? Also, I have MS Teams installed in my PC,...
  8. Does Virtual Hard Disks increase the Windows perfomance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Virtual Hard Disks increase the Windows perfomance?: I heard about a lot of videos on YouTube saying thatVirtual Hard Disks increase the performance of Windows. I opened this discussion because, in my opinion, Virtual Hard Disks are used only in Virtual Machines which used for testing Beta programs or Operating Systems. So, I...
  9. How to increase Search Box size to full width in windows 10

in Cortana
    How to increase Search Box size to full width in windows 10: So I dont have to click and move mouse twice and can type directly to fill in box I want it like on the screenshot here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028221/windows-10-locating-the-search-box-in-windows-10...
  10. Virtual box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session" in ubuntu 20.04. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box/335c9c84-7962-42f2-9ae6-758b64c9ccd4