Windows 10: Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841

Discus and support Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey all, so I'm trying to get virtual box to run ON this build 9841. The application seems to install fine, but when I got to start a VM I get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by steele84, Oct 10, 2014.

1. steele84 Win User

Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841

Hey all, so I'm trying to get virtual box to run ON this build 9841. The application seems to install fine, but when I got to start a VM I get an error "Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully". My vbox version is 4.3.16. I'm thinking it's not going to be supported yet, but I thought I would check here.

Thanks

**EDIT**
    Looks like hyper-v is working *Smile

:)

steele84, Oct 10, 2014
  2. Irfan P Win User

How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

I am able to install Build 10041. But once installed, it is restoring to Build 9841 by itself immediately before the desktop shows up. How should I go about it? Any idea? Please help me. And the Build 9841 is already expired.

Irfan P, Oct 10, 2014
  3. Irfan P Win User
    How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

I have booted through USB. I got same experience while installing Build 9961. Its automatically going back to 9841.

Irfan P, Oct 10, 2014
  4. altae Win User

Maybe you want to try the latest VB release (4.3.18 I think).

altae, Oct 12, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    adamf, Oct 12, 2014
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

VBOX (current release) has issues running ON W10. VMWARE also has networking issues -- VMware will have a new release in about 3 - 4 weeks (release 11 of workstation plus corresponding upgrade for VMware player). I think also if you get earlier releases to work I don't think the vbox additions installs properly.

I'd suggest for people trying out virtualisation ON W10 (i.e W10 as host) should consider using HYPER-V although not sure if that can run XP VM's.

Added -- apparently it CAN but you need to check the configuration when creating the VM.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...lient-hyper-v/

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 12, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    My vanity *Wink forces me to point out that my tutorial here at the Ten Forums about setting up Hyper-V including how to set up a legacy Windows (Part Five in said tutorial) vm was online only two days after the Windows 10 Tech Preview was released, over a full week before that article you linked to was published.

Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841 [​IMG]

8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Your tutorial is actually MUCH better - however I've been doing so much testing it was simpler just to google and point to the link.

Your tutorials are always good.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Virtual Box Installation ON Build 9841 - Similar Threads - Virtual Box Installation

2. Virtual Box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  3. Virtual Box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  4. Virtual box

Virtual box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session" in ubuntu 20.04. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box/335c9c84-7962-42f2-9ae6-758b64c9ccd4
  5. virtual box

virtual box: when i restart or turn of windows 10 i see that virtual box is starting in background. but i can not find any app named this . how can i uninstall this virtual box. i did not install this app....
  6. Virtual box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual box: Hello I am installing windows XP pro on my surface. The surface has Windows 10 pro. I am using Virtual box as I need winxp for a legacy software package that no longer supports newer versions of windows. Anyway, I have VB installed, win xp installed, however when I try...
  7. Installation throught Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Installation throught Virtual Box: Hey everyone, I just recently moved over to OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 and got Win 7 Professional installed currently on Virtual Box and was wondering if I could install Win 10 Home which I already activated on another HDD and still keep activation? 72214
  8. Clean install of 9841 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of 9841 problems: I was forced to do a clean install of 9841 this morning. Computer started acting crazy using 9879. Actually I think I messed around with it too much. *Smile Anyhow... Reformatted my hard drive, clean install from USB. Now when I try and install the next preview build I get...
  9. Stuck on build 9841

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on build 9841: Just installed last night, and seem to be stuck on the old build. Anyone have any ideas? No windows updates available either. [img] I'm wondering if this is related. I saw several places mentioning fbl_release, but that fbl_awesome would have all the future updates....
  10. Picture gallery of Windows 10 build 9841

in Windows 10 News
    Picture gallery of Windows 10 build 9841: Starting tomorrow, you will be able to get your hands on the first public build of Windows 10, but you can already take a look at what to expect in the gallery at the bottom of this post. The build, which is 9841, as we accurately said on Monday, is the technical preview that...