Windows 10: Virtual corners with dual monitors

Discus and support Virtual corners with dual monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I just upgraded from Windows 7, to Windows 10, and I've discovered an infuriating "feature". My dual monitor set-up is a little unorthodox. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tylendal, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Tylendal Win User

Virtual corners with dual monitors

So, I just upgraded from Windows 7, to Windows 10, and I've discovered an infuriating "feature".
    My dual monitor set-up is a little unorthodox. My desk is too small for two monitors side by side, and the shelf behind my desk is too short to have two monitors one atop another. What ended up working very well for me was having my smaller, secondary monitor on the shelf behind my desk, and beside my monitor... in other words, my monitors are corner to corner. Naturally, I set up the monitors in my display settings in the same way. My monitors are connected by the top right and bottom left corner respectively.
    Now, however, it turns out that someone at Microsoft decided I was too bumbling and inept to properly place my cursor over the big red X button in the top right corner of the window. They were seemingly afraid that without their ham-handed intervention I'd spasmodically hurl my cursor past the top right corner of my first screen, and get it lost somewhere on my second monitor, and end up curled up and crying because I wouldn't know where my cursor went. As such, in an act of aggressively patronizing babyproofing they've padded the sharp and dangerous screen corners.
    As a result, I can no longer smoothly move my cursor between monitors. The only place the monitors connect is the corner, but I can only move my cursor past the corner and into the other monitor if it's moving fast enough. No longer able to smoothly transition between monitors, I must sweep my mouse across the surface of my desk as if I'm playing a violent and angry game of air hockey.
    Virtually re-arranging the monitors to be stacked vertically, or laid out horizontally would "fix" the issue, by allowing me to go around the sticky spot, but doing so would mean that it no longer matched the physical, real world lay out of the monitors. In fact, I only discovered that I could virtually reposition my monitors after getting fed up with how un-intuitive it was having them virtually side by side, and constantly trying to move my cursor to the top right/bottom left corner of the screen, where the monitors appeared to be linked in the real world. Undoing that little piece of intuitive and natural set-up is hardly a fix.
    Some googling has shown that this was a problem in 8.1, and was fixed by adjusting some values in the registry. This, however, no longer applies for Windows 10, and this is ruining the entire experience for me. Please, please, please tell me that someone has a fix for this glaring, jarring, infuriating bug that was mistakenly labelled as a feature.

:)

Tylendal, Aug 5, 2015
  2. norcal618 Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

I just added a second monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I am a heavy user of the multitasking / virtual desktops feature that was new to the original release of Windows 10. I would like to know it is possible to have each of my two monitors have their
    own independent virtual desktops. I have searched through the settings and I don't see anything like this. Is this scenario possible?

norcal618, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Virtual corners with dual monitors

1. Virtual corners with dual monitors - Similar Threads - Virtual corners dual

2. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  3. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  4. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I'm working from home temporarily, my personal laptop desktop detects my second monitor and is working well. but when I access my work desktop via my personal laptop, it doesn't even detect a second monitor. in display settings, it doesn't even ask to detect a second monitor....
  5. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue: I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but...
  6. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  7. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  8. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  9. How to use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine

in Windows 10 News
    How to use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]VMware does not allow you to use more one monitor for any guest operating system. However, you can bypass this default setting and use dual monitor with VMware virtual machine. Irrespective of which OS you have installed in the virtual [...] This post How to...
  10. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f