Windows 10: virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Discus and support virtual desktop as multiple monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my workspace use 6 display monitor from 1 PC - 1 monitor for main PC display - 5 monitor for business-related display (opening browser on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by [-Daniel-], Feb 19, 2019.

1. virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hi, my workspace use 6 display monitor from 1 PC

- 1 monitor for main PC display

- 5 monitor for business-related display (opening browser on different pages)

- 1 PC (i5 7th gen, windows 10 pro)

Those 5 displays are extended via HDMI splitter. My problem is moving windows by dragging them is hard & time consuming. those displays are at long distance and sometimes visually blocked by something.

Recently I find how virtual desktop works ( WINDOWS + TAB ) and it's so convenient if I could do the same for multiple monitor.

I want to do these things for example:

- sending windows from monitor 1 to monitor 5 without dragging them one by one.

- seeing preview what's on monitor 2 or monitor 3, etc.

- switching my main display to other monitor.

How can I achieve the virtual desktop functionality but instead with multiple monitor?

:)

[-Daniel-], Feb 19, 2019

2. Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Unfortunately, the referenced article contains no information about using multiple monitors with virtual desktops.

charliej123, Feb 19, 2019
  3. LKNY Win User
    Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Often I'm using an extra monitor when working on my computer with Windows 10. I like to put on Netflix or some other form of video on the additional monitor. However, when I'm switching between virtual desktops, the Netflix window travels with the desktop
    it was originally associated with, causing me to have to pause my workflow to manually move it with me.

Is there any way to get a window to switch virtual desktops with me? Or better yet, a way to make the extra monitor have a virtual desktop all of it's own that can function when I switch between desktops on my primary screen?

Any suggestions appreciated.

4. JunaidRao Win User

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Hi everyone,

I have multiple (virtual) desktops and I am extending my screen to an external monitor. However, when I change my desktop to a different one, it also changes the desktop on my second monitor. How can I keep my second (extended) monitor to a fixed desktop
    and change desktops on my primary monitor?

Thanks,

Junaid

JunaidRao, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

1. virtual desktop as multiple monitor - Similar Threads - virtual desktop multiple

2. Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: I bought a second monitor recently and everything was working as expected till I started switching between the Virtual Desktops. Whenever I switch the Virtual Desktops in one monitor, it switches in the other monitor as well, is there a way I can display a different virtual...
  3. Multiple / Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple / Virtual Desktop: I have a Surface Pro 7, running Windows 10 2004. Why can I not get multiple Desktop's?? Is this because I have the home version?? Mark https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-virtual-desktop/5eb125ba-d29a-40c7-b926-8621ad167ad7
  4. Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen

Splitting virtual desktop in multiple monitors doesn't fit the screen: Hi, I am trying to split my virtual desktopCitrix between my laptop and the monitor. When I drag the vdi in between both laptop screen and monitor and maximize it, It splits the desktop, however, the desktop comes only half on the monitor and half of the monitor keeps the...
  5. Switching multiple virtual desktops on external monitor

Switching multiple virtual desktops on external monitor: Hi everyone, I need some help with switching virtual desktops. I used to have a MacBook pro and I was able to switch between multiple desktops on both my laptop and the monitor external display. I wasn't to be able to do the same, however when I switch desktops on my...
  6. Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors

Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors: I was delighted to find Windows now has Virtual Desktops which I love. I like having all my work windows on one desktop and then any personal browsing and messaging applications on another. However and this is my use case I work on two monitors with my IDE Development...
  7. Virtual desktops on two monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktops on two monitors: Is there a way to isolate workspaces among two displays. When I switch desktop on one screen, the desktop switches on the second screen also. How can I change this? submitted by /u/mithunvinayagamop3t [link] [comments]...
  8. Up to date info on dual monitor setup with multiple virtual desktops?

Up to date info on dual monitor setup with multiple virtual desktops?: I've searched forums for an answer to this question, and I can't find answers more recent than 2017. I want to use a dual monitor setup and virtual desktops on my Surface Pro. I want to have several different virtual desktops open on each monitor that only shift between...
  9. Windows 10 - Multiple Monitors - Virtual Desktop help

Windows 10 - Multiple Monitors - Virtual Desktop help: Today I noticed a problem with my applications moving off of my desktop and I had no idea what happened. Everything slid off to the left on all my monitors. What made this really confusing is ALT+Tab would not show my programs I had open any more though they were still...
  10. Multiple Desktops vs Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktops vs Virtual Desktops: Which would be the preferred option - W10 Multiple Desktops or a 3rd-party utility such as Dexpot...? T. 7293