Windows 10: Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows

Discus and support Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just tried this, and was surprised that it worked. In Task View (Win+Tab), you can drag windows onto the other virtual desktops. I only tried this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ITs-My-Life, May 18, 2021.

1. Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows

I just tried this, and was surprised that it worked.

In Task View (Win+Tab), you can drag windows onto the other virtual desktops.

I only tried this after I installed the Insider Dev Build, so I'm not sure if it works in the stable version.

submitted by /u/ITs-My-Life
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ITs-My-Life, May 18, 2021
  2. paoletti Win User

Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

Any way to drag & drop files or program icons between virtual desktops?

paoletti, May 18, 2021
  3. crionsynx Win User
    virtual desktops

Click the Task View button beside the search box/icon in the taskbar.

Click +Desktop to add Virtual Desktop

Hover your mouse to Desktop1 to show list of open Windows

Drag and drop each Windows to target virtual desktop

crionsynx, May 18, 2021
  4. Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows

Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows

1. Virtual Desktop - drag n drop windows - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktop drag

2. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  3. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?: How to drag & drop files between virtual desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop-files-between-virtual-desktops/d2d27ef0-a5c8-48b6-af69-4fe9f5041266
  4. Drag & Drop Files between virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  6. Clipboard sharing and drag-n-drop not working with VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clipboard sharing and drag-n-drop not working with VirtualBox: In VirtualBox, I have enabled bidirectional clipboard sharing and drag-n-drop. However, neither works. Anybody have any ideas about what might be wrong? - - - Updated - - - Well, figured out that I had to install Guest Additions on the guest VM. This was done by mounting...
  7. Drag n Drop in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag n Drop in Win 10: Can you drag & drop files from one Explorer window to another? This is by right clicking the file and moving it holding the mouse down, then release in the target location. It's always worked for me in XP but Win 10 does not. It will however, r-click copy and then r-click...
  8. How to change Drag-n-drop folder distance to zero?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Drag-n-drop folder distance to zero?: I want to change the distance I have to drag a folder before it starts moving, I would like it to be instantaneous. As in, as soon as I click on a folder it lets me start moving it. If I go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop and change the default DragHeight and...
  9. Drag and Drop Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop Desktop Icons: Trust this is posted in correct forum...……… I cannot drag and drop desktop icons (?) They always move back. I have researched and tried 1) ESC key option 2) Task Manger explorer.exe option 3) Registry EnableLUA option. None of this worked. I've run sfc /scannow with no...
  10. How to drag and drop programs to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to drag and drop programs to desktop: I'm liking 10 the more I use it. However there are a few problems Microsoft has to deal with. In 7 it was easy to copy a program to the desktop. In 10 I've tried for a few hours and I can't seem to copy a program to desktop. In fact when I find a program I want to save to...