Windows 10: Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

Discus and support Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RNL94, Apr 6, 2020.

1. RNL94 Win User

Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but the windows do not "travel" with it.

If I minimize my virtual desktop, I am able to move my personal items around as usual.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

:)

RNL94, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 6, 2020
  3. JClint Win User
    Up to date info on dual monitor setup with multiple virtual desktops?

I've searched forums for an answer to this question, and I can't find answers more recent than 2017. I want to use a dual monitor setup and virtual desktops on my Surface Pro. I want to have several different virtual desktops open on each monitor that
    only shift between virtual desktops when I shift them from that specific monitor, the way virtual desktops work with multiple displays on Mac.

Here's an example to illustrate. I want photoshop open in one virtual desktop on monitor 1 (M1 VD1) and Lightroom open on the same monitor in a separate virtual desktop (M1 VD2). On the other monitor I want a virtual desktop for Netflix (M2 VD1) and a virtual
    desktop for chrome (M2 VD2). Now, I want to be able to swipe the touchpad with the cursor on M1 to switch between M1 VD1 and M1 VD2 WITHOUT switching between virtual desktops on M2. Like Mac. I want multiple virtual desktops on both monitors, so the "Show
    this window on all desktops" option doesn't really work.

Is this possible without downloading 3rd party software? Thank you!

JClint, Apr 6, 2020
  4. norcal618 Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

I just added a second monitor to my Windows 10 desktop. I am a heavy user of the multitasking / virtual desktops feature that was new to the original release of Windows 10. I would like to know it is possible to have each of my two monitors have their
    own independent virtual desktops. I have searched through the settings and I don't see anything like this. Is this scenario possible?

norcal618, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktop Dual

2. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  3. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  4. Dual monitor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor issue: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - all went relatively well. While messing around with the display settings I set one of the screens to 3d mode.. and it has been hell since. I cannot get both screens to work now. I can either have 1 monitor (one I didn't set to 3d) or,...
  5. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor: Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background? I've...
  6. Dual Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitor Issues: Hi! I Was recently trying to switch the monitors left one to be the right and right one to be the left and I managed to do that from the settings. However, during this process, a third one appeared for some reason; I only have two monitors connected. I finished up my work for...
  7. dual monitors issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual monitors issue: when i unplug my second monitor my first one goes to sleep and wont turn back on but when i plug back in my second monitor it wakes up my first one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors-issue/4d821d7a-5067-43e4-8fc8-b2b6ea22e91b
  8. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor issue: There are two monitors (both are Dell U2717D), one is connected to onboard HDMI and another one is connected to onboard DP. I would like to let Windows set both of them are extended displayed even the 2nd monitor (DP) is off. Currently if I turn on both monitors, Windows...
  9. Virtual corners with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual corners with dual monitors: So, I just upgraded from Windows 7, to Windows 10, and I've discovered an infuriating "feature". My dual monitor set-up is a little unorthodox. My desk is too small for two monitors side by side, and the shelf behind my desk is too short to have two monitors one atop...
  10. Dual Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Monitor issue: I had Windows 7 with dual monitors. I never had any issue with them. I had bought a video card to make the 2nd monitor work. I recently upgraded to WIndows 10. Dual monitors still work, But if i move anything to teh second monitor, everything is much smaller. Excel sheets are...