Windows 10: virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

Discus and support virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Никита Тимоходцев, Jun 12, 2022.

1. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for each monitor. If you run an application on monitor #2, the application icon will also appear on the control panel of monitor #2. And no matter what happens, this icon will never pop up on the control panel of monitor #1. This is great!When using a virtual desktop:When launching an application on virtual desktop #2, the appl

:)

Никита Тимоходцев, Jun 12, 2022
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Multitasking/Virtual Desktops on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Great question.

Virtual desktop can only work on your one monitor, the another monitor is just extension of your first monitor. Another option is to use

Hyper-V
    on other monitor.

Regarding on your idea you can raise it through the Windows Feedback App. You can post your suggestions or ideas that can help us improve the service that we provide.

How to find Windows Feedback app:

• Press Windows key+ Q, and type Feedback.
    • Select Windows Feedback and sign in using your Microsoft Account.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jun 12, 2022
  3. RNL94 Win User
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the
    cursor moves, but the windows do not "travel" with it.

If I minimize my virtual desktop, I am able to move my personal items around as usual.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

RNL94, Jun 12, 2022
  4. JClint Win User

virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

Up to date info on dual monitor setup with multiple virtual desktops?

I've searched forums for an answer to this question, and I can't find answers more recent than 2017. I want to use a dual monitor setup and virtual desktops on my Surface Pro. I want to have several different virtual desktops open on each monitor that
    only shift between virtual desktops when I shift them from that specific monitor, the way virtual desktops work with multiple displays on Mac.

Here's an example to illustrate. I want photoshop open in one virtual desktop on monitor 1 (M1 VD1) and Lightroom open on the same monitor in a separate virtual desktop (M1 VD2). On the other monitor I want a virtual desktop for Netflix (M2 VD1) and a virtual
    desktop for chrome (M2 VD2). Now, I want to be able to swipe the touchpad with the cursor on M1 to switch between M1 VD1 and M1 VD2 WITHOUT switching between virtual desktops on M2. Like Mac. I want multiple virtual desktops on both monitors, so the "Show
    this window on all desktops" option doesn't really work.

Is this possible without downloading 3rd party software? Thank you!

JClint, Jun 12, 2022
Thema:

virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

1. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug - Similar Threads - virtual desktop instead

2. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  3. Dual monitor taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor taskbar bug: I have a dual monitor setup and on the left one i usually have youtube or discord and on the right one minecraft. When i want to do something on the left monitor my minecraft goes away and when i click on the icon at the taskbar it comes back. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  4. Annoying desktop bug!

Annoying desktop bug!: Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying. If you guys have a second monitor like me, you would have a second desktop. Now when I have a file or shortcut, right click > Sort By >...
  5. Annoying bug

Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  6. Virtual desktops & dual monitors doesn't work quite well together

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual desktops & dual monitors doesn't work quite well together: When I go Win+Tab I always have to move a couple of windows to my other virtual desktop when I start my computer. That's fine. But sometimes when I try to do that, it crashes back to the normal desktop as soon as I try to grab a window while in Win+Tab mode. So as soon as I...
  7. Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Desktop / Dual Monitor Issue: I just setup a 2nd monitor to work from home. Using Windows 10, I am able to move things around from monitor to monitor without issue. However, when I login to the virtual desktop for work, I am unable to drag anything from work to the 2nd monitor.....the cursor moves, but...
  8. Up to date info on dual monitor setup with multiple virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Up to date info on dual monitor setup with multiple virtual desktops?: I've searched forums for an answer to this question, and I can't find answers more recent than 2017. I want to use a dual monitor setup and virtual desktops on my Surface Pro. I want to have several different virtual desktops open on each monitor that only shift between...
  9. dual monitor bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor bug: I have dual monitors running on windows 10 pro. My main monitor works just fine, then monitor #2 will go black and lose detection as my computer sits idle for over an hour. I can correct the problem when I do a restart. The monitor will start working again. Also, part of...
  10. Virtual corners with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual corners with dual monitors: So, I just upgraded from Windows 7, to Windows 10, and I've discovered an infuriating "feature". My dual monitor set-up is a little unorthodox. My desk is too small for two monitors side by side, and the shelf behind my desk is too short to have two monitors one atop...